Addonitis - The Disease is Real

We started the process almost 3 years ago with a 200 pt VGF resale contract. We’re currently at 7 contracts and over 1000 points. HOWEVER, one of those contracts and 200 points are currently being sold. Long story. That leave us with over 800 points across 3 resorts and 6 contracts. We’re on a buying break for the foreseeable future, but I use or rent/transfer out all of my points every year. If we have more than we need any particular year, I’ve found it to be very easy to simply rent the excess or transfer them out. It works for us, but addonitis is real. I know Riviera will be too pricey, but I keep wondering about it in the back of my head...

I just bought a small contract of 100 points at CCV direct with the intention of adding on 100 point contracts resale at various resorts (thinking BLT, Poly or AKV) But now I am nervous about owning at different places and trying to juggle the bookings (book at 11 months and combine at 7). I see so many people adding on points at different places so I know it is doable. Does anyone just add on to their original home resort?
I don't think owning multiple resorts is as hard as you seem to have the impression it is. Are you thinking of multiple UYs maybe? As in multiple memberships? That can be a challenge to juggle and book at 11 and 7 months between multiple memberships (UYs), but multiple resorts is not hard when under one membership.

Assuming they share the same UY and that the contracts are deeded the same way (exist under a single membership), at 7 months, all of your points are the same. So whether you have 100 CCV points and 100 SSR points, if you stay anywhere non CCV/SSR, your points pool together for the 7month booking that you can do right at 8am online.

It gets trickier if you're trying to use the 100 CCV points to book a studio at 11 months (at CCV) and want to use your SSR points to supplement that stay. You likely won't find much success (and this will get worse as the resort sells out). In this case, adding onto your original resort (CCV) makes sense as that would allow your longer stays/upgraded accommodations.

We started at SSR with 160, then got googly eyed over BLT and bought in there for 100 more. Eventually we realized we liked BWV best and bought another 300 there. I would say overall I wish I just had all BWV points because we really just like it there and it would be easier to book for us at the 11 month window; however without taking the long route and starting elsewhere, we probably wouldn’t have ever known that. And I guess ultimately we’ll have more years in the other contracts...

I don't think owning multiple resorts is as hard as you seem to have the impression it is. Are you thinking of multiple UYs maybe? As in multiple memberships? That can be a challenge to juggle and book at 11 and 7 months between multiple memberships (UYs), but multiple resorts is not hard when under one membership.

Assuming they share the same UY and that the contracts are deeded the same way (exist under a single membership), at 7 months, all of your points are the same. So whether you have 100 CCV points and 100 SSR points, if you stay anywhere non CCV/SSR, your points pool together for the 7month booking that you can do right at 8am online.

It gets trickier if you're trying to use the 100 CCV points to book a studio at 11 months (at CCV) and want to use your SSR points to supplement that stay. You likely won't find much success (and this will get worse as the resort sells out). In this case, adding onto your original resort (CCV) makes sense as that would allow your longer stays/upgraded accommodations.

Okay, That makes more sense! Thank you! :)

The addonitis is real! We just passed rofr for out 100 pt SSR contract, and I'm wondering if we don't have enough points and maybe need a 2nd 100 pt.
Caveat is we financed a 3rd of this contract and don't want to carry 2 loan notes!

Addonitis -- It's real. I have been re-selling Disney Vacation Club for nearly 2 decades (with The Timeshare Store,Inc.®) and have thousands of clients who have bought add-on packages 2 and 3+ times over. I'm guilty of it as well. I have bought 6 times in the past 18 years getting up to 1,250 points. But as many have said in this post, you find your grove. You may add on (a few times) and enjoy those extra points for years....but then you fine tune your vacations needs and either add-on again (lol) or sell some points to find that right amount. I think it is pretty normal to add on... the accommodations are amazing, you're on vacation (whats not to love about that) and having extra points gives you the flexibility to stay longer/ come various times a year / or stay in larger villas to bring friends and family....etc. Addonitis is real....but is a good disease to have :
:love:

We started the process almost 3 years ago with a 200 pt VGF resale contract. We’re currently at 7 contracts and over 1000 points. HOWEVER, one of those contracts and 200 points are currently being sold. Long story. That leave us with over 800 points across 3 resorts and 6 contracts. We’re on a buying break for the foreseeable future, but I use or rent/transfer out all of my points every year. If we have more than we need any particular year, I’ve found it to be very easy to simply rent the excess or transfer them out. It works for us, but addonitis is real. I know Riviera will be too pricey, but I keep wondering about it in the back of my head...
And truth be told, that seems like a ton of points until you look at a week at VGF or especially Aulani on a 2 bedroom.

My husband golfs a lot at WDW when we go (he’ll hold whenever, wherever lbh)
Ladies, here’s a tip:
Apparently the guys all take out their points and compare who has the most. After a couple trips, to my surprise, he was like - just buy it! And that’s how we went from 600 to 1100 I’m sure of it ; )
Now, I keep trying to tell him how much course cred a Club 33 membership would give him *grins *twists mustache lol

Addonitis -- It's real. I have been re-selling Disney Vacation Club for nearly 2 decades (with The Timeshare Store,Inc.®) and have thousands of clients who have bought add-on packages 2 and 3+ times over. I'm guilty of it as well. I have bought 6 times in the past 18 years getting up to 1,250 points. But as many have said in this post, you find your grove. You may add on (a few times) and enjoy those extra points for years....but then you fine tune your vacations needs and either add-on again (lol) or sell some points to find that right amount. I think it is pretty normal to add on... the accommodations are amazing, you're on vacation (whats not to love about that) and having extra points gives you the flexibility to stay longer/ come various times a year / or stay in larger villas to bring friends and family....etc. Addonitis is real....but is a good disease to have :
:love:

Since I am one of your clients that bought through you multiple times over the last 10 years, I can attest to addonitis being totally real. And it is a “good disease to have!” Well said.

We started the process almost 3 years ago with a 200 pt VGF resale contract. We’re currently at 7 contracts and over 1000 points. . . . . I know Riviera will be too pricey, but I keep wondering about it in the back of my head...

Sounds like me. 8 contracts 1080 points, and I would love me some Riviera.

Yes, it is real. We just finished adding on with our second contact at CCV. Didn't think it was real until we became DVC members!

I am saving up money, for Riviera. I hope to have enough, when they open sales. But, if the point cost stinks, then I will just buy elsewhere.

Ladies, here’s a tip:
Apparently the guys all take out their points and compare who has the most. After a couple trips, to my surprise, he was like - just buy it! And that’s how we went from 600 to 1100 I’m sure of it ; )
Now, I keep trying to tell him how much course cred a Club 33 membership would give him *grins *twists mustache lol

Great tip! Taking careful notes to try this at home. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts