ADR’s and FP for party of 9

jwmob91

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I am in the process of planning a trip for a moderately large party (8 or 9). We are two families of 4 (or 4 and 5). Are there any tips anyone could give for booking dining reservations and fast passes?

When it is time to book should I try to book our two groups with overlapping times or try to group one big reservation/fast pass? I imagine there would be some level of accommodation, like if our dining reservations times are slightly off.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I always plan trips with that many people as my sisters family (4) and my parents and I (3 sometimes our brother joins) so I usually just book it all at one time with the large group.

8-9 really isn't THAT big of a party size.
I've easily gotten ADR's and FP's for 10-14 people.
Look for ADR's and FP's for the entire group.
If for some reason you can't get any THEN look for two smaller groups with overlapping times for FP's and very close times for ADR's knowing that with ADR's you may not be seated at the same time or near each other.

I just booked all of our ADRs yesterday for 8 people and was able to get almost everything I wanted, except Ohana and BOG Dinner. I had checked a few times to see if I was able to get anything as a smaller party but everything was pretty similar, except for Kona Cafe for some reason.

Just went through this for a party of 11-13. ADRs weren't too bad. I wasn't able to get them together for Yak & Yeti, Cali Grill, or The Boathouse. I was able to make overlapping reservations (within 5-10 minutes) for all 3 of these. I still have it on my to do list to call the dining line to see what they can do, even if they could just put a note in the reservations.

I'm wondering how FP+ will go as well. Still debating whether to make them for everyone or tell people they are on their own. I have about 89 days to decide. Haha!

Just an update: I called the dining reservation line yesterday to see if there was anything they could do in the meantime. The lady was very firm that they will not seat two separate reservations together and recommended calling the restaurants directly. I've seen a lot of people here on the DIS have success getting seated together when you arrive at the restaurant and explain the situation so it might not be necessary.

However, I made calls directly to the restaurants and was thankfully able to make one reservation for our entire party at the same times we had before for Y&Y and The Boathouse. I am still waiting for a call back from Cali Grill. Worst case scenario is our party has to split up but that isn't a huge deal to us.

I was able to make a lot of ADRs for a party of 9. FP was a little more difficult, but we got mostly what we wanted. We did split up at one point in order to get 7DMT which was only available for a smaller group.

8-9 really isn't THAT big of a party size.
I've easily gotten ADR's and FP's for 10-14 people.
Look for ADR's and FP's for the entire group.
If for some reason you can't get any THEN look for two smaller groups with overlapping times for FP's and very close times for ADR's knowing that with ADR's you may not be seated at the same time or near each other.
I tried yesterday to split up our group of 7 (difference of 30 mins for reservation) for dining and it kept telling me I had to delete the first reservation in order to book the other. What's the trick to being able to book two separate dining reservations for a large group who is all under my MDE account??

I tried yesterday to split up our group of 7 (difference of 30 mins for reservation) for dining and it kept telling me I had to delete the first reservation in order to book the other. What's the trick to being able to book two separate dining reservations for a large group who is all under my MDE account??
Three of us have my Disney experience accounts. If we have to split up the reservation we book one group under one account and the rest under one of the other accounts. You just need to make sure that all the accounts have all the people on them. I have three split ones but only by 15 to 20 min

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!