ADR Family of 10 issues

mmps108

Mouseketeer
Our ADR window opened today and when I got on to make our reservations it wouldn't let me make them for 10 people. I was able to get 2 tables of 5, which is better than nothing but it's so strange. This isn't the first time we've traveled with a big group and we've had reservations for 10 at the places I was trying to reserve.
Will the hostess, when we arrive, let us sit together? I tried calling WDW twice today and no one can seem to figure out why this is a problem. I do know that 'Ohana books up fast but why can I make a reservation for 8 but not 10?
And when did Cape May become a hot place? Normally, I'm able to book that one last minute but I can't get anything for a party of 10 either.

Not a matter of "let". If it's possible, they will do it. Arrive early and be willing to wait.

Largest tables seat eight, afaik.

Our reservation is at 11:45 am, do you think that will have a positive impact? Would I be better to get an 8 and 2 reservation instead of 5 and 5 (what I have now)?

Our reservation is at 11:45 am, do you think that will have a positive impact? Would I be better to get an 8 and 2 reservation instead of 5 and 5 (what I have now)?

As far as sitting together goes, it won't matter. Even if you had one ADR Disney reserves the right to split you up between different tables. Just show up early, tell the host/hostess that you really want to sit together, and hopefully they can do that for you.

Actually we were able to get a table for 9 yesterday morning when our window opened. That being said, the website was experiencing some terrible glitching at 6 AM, so that may have had something to do with OP not being able to get their table for 10. The app was way better. Truthfully I'd keep trying and checking to see if your desired table pops up.. It happens more often than you think'd

Not a matter of "let". If it's possible, they will do it. Arrive early and be willing to wait.

Largest tables seat eight, afaik.
We made a reservation for 11 at Ohana without issue for our upcoming trip so not sure why 10 would be a problem.

OP what do you mean by the site wouldn’t let you? No availability? Or did the website say your party was too large?

OP what do you mean by the site wouldn’t let you? No availability? Or did the website say your party was too large?

When I tried to use 10 people as the number the website showed no availability. When I dropped the number to 5 people I was able to get a reservation no problem. I quickly logged into my mom's account and was able to make a second 5 person reservation. I kept checking all day on my desktop and phone but 10 would not show any availability. If I picked 8, I had availability. When I called WDW-DINE they were no help. Maybe the tables of 10 are just limited?

When I tried to use 10 people as the number the website showed no availability. When I dropped the number to 5 people I was able to get a reservation no problem. I quickly logged into my mom's account and was able to make a second 5 person reservation. I kept checking all day on my desktop and phone but 10 would not show any availability. If I picked 8, I had availability. When I called WDW-DINE they were no help. Maybe the tables of 10 are just limited?
Yes tables of 10 are very limited especially at peak times. Easier to get one when the restaurant first opens or later in the evening. Sounds like an availability issue aka all large tables were booked at the times you searched.

I can switch our reservation from 2-5 tops to an 8 and 2 top. Would that help our ability to get seated together if we ask nicely? Or just leave the 2-5 top reservations?

Leave it. The restaurant reserves the right to split parties, so you may be separated no matter how you book. Ask at checkin if you may be seated together. Disney tries to accommodate and if they can they will.

When my entire family traveled to WDW in 2014, there were 14 of us (combo of kids/adults) and they had me fax a request to a few of the restaurants directly to reserve the larger tables. We were able to all fit at Ohana, Chefs de France, and I think Rose and Crown.

We have travelled with our family of 11 in the past many times. I couldn't make reservations online for that many, but had no trouble making them when I called the dining reservation line. We almost always were seated together. I think once at Rose and Crown on the patio they split us into two tables.

Our ADR window opened today and when I got on to make our reservations it wouldn't let me make them for 10 people. I was able to get 2 tables of 5, which is better than nothing but it's so strange. This isn't the first time we've traveled with a big group and we've had reservations for 10 at the places I was trying to reserve.
Will the hostess, when we arrive, let us sit together? I tried calling WDW twice today and no one can seem to figure out why this is a problem. I do know that 'Ohana books up fast but why can I make a reservation for 8 but not 10?
And when did Cape May become a hot place? Normally, I'm able to book that one last minute but I can't get anything for a party of 10 either.

Leave it. The restaurant reserves the right to split parties, so you may be separated no matter how you book. Ask at checkin if you may be seated together. Disney tries to accommodate and if they can they will.
Why would they allow you to book a table for 10 only to split you up? I have a hard time imagining most people would accept their party being split in half without warning and despite doing everything right to book a larger table for their group. I wouldn’t be cool with that at a local restaurant so why be okay with it at Disney where we’ve preplanned and are paying a premium?

Why would they allow you to book a table for 10 only to split you up? I have a hard time imagining most people would accept their party being split in half without warning and despite doing everything right to book a larger table for their group. I wouldn’t be cool with that at a local restaurant so why be okay with it at Disney where we’ve preplanned and are paying a premium?

Because every single ADR you book - including funnily enough ADRs for 1 - comes with a specific warning on the Disney page that groups may not be seated together and may be split... so they do have warning right from the moment they book. Everyone does.

Because every single ADR you book - including funnily enough ADRs for 1 - comes with a specific warning on the Disney page that groups may not be seated together and may be split... so they do have warning right from the moment they book. Everyone does.
Guess I haven't seen that, but it makes me wonder why they would allow you to make a reservation for a certain number if they can’t grant it. Most people would want to know that ahead of time. I guess just I’m over Disney selling a certain level of service and “Magic” only to be reminded your planning doesn’t matter.

You can check my post history I’m not a hater but c’mon now, if people show up for a once of a lifetime vacation including special family meals, they do not want to be split up. Or they’re most likely going to wait to until they can be seated together.

Last edited:
Guess I haven't seen that, but it makes me wonder why they would allow you to make a reservation for a certain number if they can’t grant it. Most people would want to know that ahead of time. I guess just I’m over Disney selling a certain level of service and “Magic” only to be reminded your planning doesn’t matter.

You can check my post history I’m not a hater but c’mon now, if people show up for a once of a lifetime vacation including special family meals, they do not want to be split up. Or they’re most likely going to wait to until they can be seated together.

THese ADR's are not reservations in the conventional sense. They are basically a "call ahead" and are treated as such. WHen you check in you are checking into a very fluid situation, with the staff trying very hard to accomodate your needs and requests. They cannot always do so, because Disney will not "hold" tables to ensure that you are seated together. They always try to manage how guests are seated though, however they cannot control how others leave. If two tables are open and it is your trun you can either take them or lose your place. If you want to wait you may be told that is not possibel, or you may wait a very long time if the staff can accomodate you.

Please rememebr you agreed to the terms of service when you accepted the ADR, so if you are not seated together, it should not be a surprise. We travel in a large group and sometimes we are together, a few times we are not. Disney CM's do really try to make it happen.

My family was split up once, as a family of 8 at CRT. We had 2 tables of 4 right next to each other. And the area was so small we may as well have been at the same table. That was many many years ago, so it isn't something new they are trying to put over on guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter