ADR Family of 10 issues

We normally have a party of 12 but we have grown to a party of 14 this year. I am usually the planner. What I have found is that if you are trying to make the reservation online and it says to call, that means the restaurant cannot seat that many people at a table. I usually make two or three different reservations and tell the hostess at the restaurant as soon as I get to the park. 90% of the time they can accommodate and get us next to each other. The key is to be nice about it. The CMs understand these are usually family meals and everyone wants to be together at Disney! Good luck!

Why would they allow you to book a table for 10 only to split you up? I have a hard time imagining most people would accept their party being split in half without warning and despite doing everything right to book a larger table for their group. I wouldn’t be cool with that at a local restaurant so why be okay with it at Disney where we’ve preplanned and are paying a premium?
I always am booking for over 10 withy calling and not weekends and have gotten ressies for whole group but have always been told that the group can be split. we have only been split once and we were at tables back to back that time

Guess I haven't seen that, but it makes me wonder why they would allow you to make a reservation for a certain number if they can’t grant it.
The restaurant can accommodate 10 people, but it's possible the tables can't. Example: Sci-Fi, where I believe even the picnic tables only hold eight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!