ADR Plan Help?

MaskedRose86

Earning My Ears
I'm fast approaching my ADR reservation date. We are a family of 4 with 2 twin 6 year old girls. We are pretty light eaters, so more than 1 TS meal is generally overkill unless early and late. We do not have the dining plan. We are staying at the YC for 2 nights and GF for 5 in late August. The end of our trip, I'm unsure what other restaurants I want to hit. Maybe some good kid suggestions in EP? Here is what I'm thinking so far:

Saturday (arrive- Yacht Club):
Hollywood Studios + Fantasmic
Maybe a late Beaches in Cream for dessert

Sunday:
Epcot Day
Late brunch reservation at Akershus
Pool afternoon/CS dinner. (Boardwalk Bakery?)

Monday: (Resort Switch Day--->Grand Floridian)
Hollywood Studios (Rope Drop)- to sign up for Jedi Training (plan to return after brunch)
Bon Voyage Breakfast. 10:30am

Move to Grand Floridian mid-afternoon
CS Dinner in MK (Columbia Harbor House?) or Grand Floridian or Poly (Captain Cook's?)

Tuesday:
Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest PPO Breakfast (assuming available---since dinners in August at BOG aren't yet available)
Night: 4:30pm Disney Springs Raglan Road? (unless BOG opens up)

Wednesday:
Animal Kingdom
Tusker House, late brunch to catch both bfast/lunch food (10:45ish)
Pool Afternoon
CS Dinner

Thursday:
Magic Kingdom
1900 Park Faire breakfast 8am
Dinner(?)

Friday:
Maybe EP? HS? Generally avoiding Magic Kingdom since early entry day
Not sure of any reservations for this day. Maybe someplace in EP? Or move Raglan Road to this night except I'm worried Friday night might be nuts there. Regardless 4:30pm is the time I'd aim for anyway.

Maybe 1900 Park Faire (Dinner with Cinderella). Or Ohana's. But not sure I want to spend the money on either of these.

Saturday:
Leaving resort by 2pm
Not planning any reservations. Just get in some park time at Magic Kingdom.
Only thing I'd consider is Crystal Palace early but not sure

I'm fast approaching my ADR reservation date. We are a family of 4 with 2 twin 6 year old girls. We are pretty light eaters, so more than 1 TS meal is generally overkill unless early and late. We do not have the dining plan. We are staying at the YC for 2 nights and GF for 5 in late August. The end of our trip, I'm unsure what other restaurants I want to hit. Maybe some good kid suggestions in EP? Here is what I'm thinking so far:

Saturday (arrive- Yacht Club):
Hollywood Studios + Fantasmic
Maybe a late Beaches in Cream for dessert

Sunday:
Epcot Day
Late brunch reservation at Akershus
Pool afternoon/CS dinner. (Boardwalk Bakery?)

Monday: (Resort Switch Day--->Grand Floridian)
Hollywood Studios (Rope Drop)- to sign up for Jedi Training (plan to return after brunch)
Bon Voyage Breakfast. 10:30am

Move to Grand Floridian mid-afternoon
CS Dinner in MK (Columbia Harbor House?) or Grand Floridian or Poly (Captain Cook's?)

Tuesday:
Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest PPO Breakfast (assuming available---since dinners in August at BOG aren't yet available)
Night: 4:30pm Disney Springs Raglan Road? (unless BOG opens up)

Wednesday:
Animal Kingdom
Tusker House, late brunch to catch both bfast/lunch food (10:45ish)
Pool Afternoon
CS Dinner

Thursday:
Magic Kingdom
1900 Park Faire breakfast 8am
Dinner(?)

Friday:
Maybe EP? HS? Generally avoiding Magic Kingdom since early entry day
Not sure of any reservations for this day. Maybe someplace in EP? Or move Raglan Road to this night except I'm worried Friday night might be nuts there. Regardless 4:30pm is the time I'd aim for anyway.

Maybe 1900 Park Faire (Dinner with Cinderella). Or Ohana's. But not sure I want to spend the money on either of these.

Saturday:
Leaving resort by 2pm
Not planning any reservations. Just get in some park time at Magic Kingdom.
Only thing I'd consider is Crystal Palace early but not sure

On Sunday, Boardwalk Bakery is a good choice for CS. You could also do Hurricane Hannah's at your resort or simply walk back into EP for a great CS dinner. In EP, we love Les Halles de France and Tangierine Cafe, but they are all pretty good!

On Monday, if your plan is to go to MK, I would just eat there. CHH is very good.

If you go to EP on Friday, I would eat there. There are so many good restaurants there. Our favorite is Spice Road Table.

I definitely would not leave MK for Captain Cook's. We stayed at Poly in 2016 and it was fine. Good QS food, for sure. But every time we went, it took a long time to get our food. Given the wait and that the food is good (not fantastic), I wouldn't want to leave the park for it.

If you are at GF and ready for an early dinner, then visiting Poly and Captain Cooks might be a fine option. I'd prefer Pinocchio's or Pecos Bill though. Or Columbia harbor house as you mentioned.

Looks like a good plan.
Sunday, the bakery is good. If you are looking for a burger, the Big River Grill is not bad. You could walk back into EPCOT, there are a lot of great CS locations there. Easy walk from YC.
Monday, I would agree, if you are going to MK, I would eat there. Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House are good options.
Tuesday Raglan Road is a lot of fun and Polite Pig was good. . If you stay at MK, consider LTT or Skipper Canteen.
Thursday again similar CS choices as above or LTT or Skipper Canteen for TS.
Friday lots of good choices at EPCOT, just depends what type of food you want. I think I would avoid DS on a Friday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter