ADR Question

Momager

Mouseketeer
I've made all of our ADRs for our family, and my father and his wife. Some of our reservations he's told me he doesn't want to attend. That's fine. I asked him to let me know what ones of mine to take him off of before he makes his own reservations, but knowing him, he will just do whatever the heck he wants.....

So my question to you guys is.... If he makes a reservation for the same time as one of our reservations (that he's linked to) is that going to be a problem for us???
I called and asked, and they told me it wouldn't be an issue, but I just want to double-check with the actual experts - You guys!

Thanks!!

You don’t actually have to list the names in your party, so I wonder if he does have an issue if you can just remove his name without changing the number.

If your parties are linked in MDE it’s possible him booking at the same time can cancel your ADR when booked on the app. I’d make sure he calls to book his reservations

I ran into the same issue with my own father on my upcoming trip-- you can each book reservations independently; if there are overlapping time slots his name may be removed from your reservation, but it won't cancel your reservations as long as you each have your own MDE account, so don't worry about that. He may get a pop up stating that he needs to choose a reservation to cancel, which I ran into when booking, but every single time I chose to cancel the previous reservation (the one my dad made before), both his old reservation and my new one remained intact.

It depends on how you made the ADRs.
If you listed him in your ADR, it could cause a problem.
If you didn't list him, you should be OK.
Just don't let him make an ADR at the same/overlapping times as your through your account.

When you make ADRs don't include names for any of the other guests. You won't need to do anything and he can make reservations overlapping yours with no issue. It doesn't matter if hes on your friends and family list, as long as he's not on the original ADR his can be the exact same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter