ADRs for December

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
FYI I was on the phone to WDW-DINE yesterday, hammering out ressies for our trip during the first week of December. I was amazed at the limited availability. I'm guessing it's the food plan, but if this is anything to go by, it's going to be insane.

I'm sure it is the Dining Plan that is driving this. We made our December ADRs right at the 6 month mark and called back a week later to change some and had problems getting anywhere near the times we wanted. Of course, we're going Christmas week so that's a crazy time of the year anyway. But to your point, I think the DP is definitely doing what Disney wanted....filling up their restaurants.

I keep wondering what the poor people who don't have ADRs are going to do? Talk about ruining your trip.

I just called yesterday to make some ADR's for our trip during the first two weeks in December and I was pleasantly surprised to have all our first choices open, including dinner at Tony's Town Square before MVMCP on 12/7. :banana: I was prepared to try for several different restaurants in the resorts around the MK area in the hopes of finding one with an opening for that night. I waited too long last year and couldn't get a reservation anywhere at a time before the Party. I'm definitely glad I didn't wait any longer to call!

Called about a week ago and had no problems getting our's for Mid Dec.

Granny said:
But to your point, I think the DP is definitely doing what Disney wanted....filling up their restaurants.

Yup, and driving business from people without ADRs to the typically "slower" spots or more expensive signature restaurants. I have a feeling that whoever came up with the plan has been promoted a time or two since then. :)

Five months out and I'm unable to get ressies at Le Cellier and I really had to jiggle the times to get some of my other favs. I guess this is the new normal.

starbox said:
Yup, and driving business from people without ADRs to the typically "slower" spots or more expensive signature restaurants. I have a feeling that whoever came up with the plan has been promoted a time or two since then. :)
Well, it's done one other thing for those like us who have a vehicle at WDW. It has made the off-site dining options more attractive. Our last trip we ate two out of seven evening meals off-site (28%). If they keep "dumbing down" the menus and getting rid of unique dishes at WDW restaurants, that percentage will only get higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!