ADRs still not working across split stays

Wakey

DIS Veteran
I have a split stay booked over Christmas, and the ADR only allows me to book up until the end of the first stay, not the second.

I thought they had resolved this- hopefully will not happen with Fast Passes.

I have a split stay booked over Christmas, and the ADR only allows me to book up until the end of the first stay, not the second.

I thought they had resolved this- hopefully will not happen with Fast Passes.
Nope. We have a cash/DVC split over NYE. I’m just hoping MS will help book them all at once (I know they will with DVC splits), otherwise I’m going to be seriously disadvantaged as a party of 6 over a holiday. It’s bad enough I’ll lose over an hour waiting for MS to even open.

Same happened to us with our split. Had to call unfortunately MS at 9 to continue ADR's for the split.

In fact it was crashing and wouldnt even let me on this morning and yesterday. Managed to get 1 ADR booked for my entire trip so far.... just not good enough.

Anyone know if the Fastpass is definately working - this has got me worried it wont be.

A prime example of abusers (those who were playing the system with 1 night bookings, cancelling booking etc to get early FPs) f****** it up for the rest of us.

Anyone know if the Fastpass is definately working - this has got me worried it wont be.
Yes I am more concerned with this as well. ADRs I can stalk. I never see any movement in FP except day of and even that is rare.

You will have no problem making fastpass selections across both pats of your split stay. On June 11, I was able to make all my Fastpass selections at the 60-day mark of my first reservation for my split stay.

You will have no problem making fastpass selections across both pats of your split stay. On June 11, I was able to make all my Fastpass selections at the 60-day mark of my first reservation for my split stay.
Agree. There have been many reports of Members with split stays successfully making FP+ reservations for their entire stay when the window opens for the first segment.

I thought you could call MS and have them do it all for you?
Yes, for ADRs you can. This has been the case for a very long time. There might be one or two exceptions, but I have a hard time believing a one hour delay means getting shut out. (And by the time you finish making them for the first part of the stay, MS will probably be open). Also, FWIW, it's not uncommon for some restaurants to be late loading availability.

I thought you could call MS and have them do it all for you?

MS does not open until 9 eastern and by then high demand restaurant reservations for a time like Christmas week can easily be gone. Moreover, the last three times I called MS for anything, my wait times were "only" 25, 20, and 30 minutes respectively.

Also, for dining, you can just call the WDW-Dine number, which opens at 7 eastern, rather than MS.

That does raise another issue based on the times I am seeing in the earlier posts above. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but I thought the earliest you could go online to get dining reservations was 6 a.m. eastern and it appears initial attempts may have been made before then when the system is often undergoing maintenance . Nevertheless, as to being able to do more than one stay at 180 days out, my last experience for an August 2019 stay was actually worse than reported above. I had a split reservation but the system apparently refused to recognize either because I was allowed to do only one day at a time at 180 days out for each day.

As to Fastpass, which I recently did, and which you can do online starting at 7 eastern, the system did allow me to do all dates beginning 60 days out from arrival.

MS does not open until 9 eastern and by then high demand restaurant reservations for a time like Christmas week can easily be gone. Moreover, the last three times I called MS for anything, my wait times were "only" 25, 20, and 30 minutes respectively.

Also, for dining, you can just call the WDW-Dine number, which opens at 7 eastern, rather than MS.

That does raise another issue based on the times I am seeing in the earlier posts above. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but I thought the earliest you could go online to get dining reservations was 6 a.m. eastern and it appears initial attempts may have been made before then when the system is often undergoing maintenance . Nevertheless, as to being able to do more than one stay at 180 days out, my last experience for an August 2019 stay was actually worse than reported above. I had a split reservation but the system apparently refused to recognize either because I was allowed to do only one day at a time at 180 days out for each day.

As to Fastpass, which I recently did, and which you can do online starting at 7 eastern, the system did allow me to do all dates beginning 60 days out from arrival.

My 180 days was Sunday Drusba.

Like you, it recognised only 1 day at a time online.

I then tried the app instead, but whilst on the app the days were in bold (for the first stay only) indicating I could book them and at least the first stay was recognised, it timed out and said server unavailable.

After multiple tries, I gave up and tried again this morning UK time (5 hours ahead of Florida).

Still only the first segment available (same now, its not going to open the second one) but it was just spinning around, not letting me book anything. This may have been the server being maintained in the earlier hours of the US- ignoring that WDW has a worldwide audience. Amazon doesnt go down- ever.

Anyway, eventually I was able to make some more reservations of the first week only. I will have to call up or wait until next week to do the second lot.

Another question- my wife made one booking and is the lead booker, I made the other- and you cannot amend the lead booker online. They have identical guests on both, under the same account. We did it this way originally at 11 months to prevent an auto merge at Saratoga so we could then easily amend at 7 for a split stay (thanks for the tip on here). This will not prevent Fastpasses for the entire length of stay will it? I thought I would go online and amend the two bookings to match exactly with me as the lead on both, but you cannot amend the lead.

I had a split reservation but the system apparently refused to recognize either because I was allowed to do only one day at a time at 180 days out for each day.

That is what the system is doing to me right now. Calling .... wish me luck.

Edited: It's like dialing for dollars.

Last edited:
Agree. There have been many reports of Members with split stays successfully making FP+ reservations for their entire stay when the window opens for the first segment.

Yes, for ADRs you can. This has been the case for a very long time. There might be one or two exceptions, but I have a hard time believing a one hour delay means getting shut out. (And by the time you finish making them for the first part of the stay, MS will probably be open). Also, FWIW, it's not uncommon for some restaurants to be late loading availability.
Doesn't work for split stay with Vero first though.

Thats too bad. We rarely do split stays, but luckily had no issues with our split stay 2 years ago for ADRs and FPs.
Wonder if they changed something in MDE or just a nother glitch in the system.
Good luck.

Thats too bad. We rarely do split stays, but luckily had no issues with our split stay 2 years ago for ADRs and FPs.
Wonder if they changed something in MDE or just a nother glitch in the system.
Good luck.

Its fallout from the changes put in to stop the abusers who were booking 1 night for the reservations I believe.

This shouldn't be a hard fix, given that somehow they've done it for FP+ for split stays at 60 days for DVC members (hopefully, I have my 60 days window opening in a week). It's a problem of priorities, it is certainly more important (for DVC, not sure about members) to have a new splashy home page to highlight the new resorts and paid events rather than fixing ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter