ADR's

mauigal

Yay! For the happiest place on earth!
Hi everyone! I'm sure these are stupid questions for all you veterans out there but here goes...
1. Do you recommend doing an adr for a stay that will be in the beginning of Oct? The crowds won't be anywhere near summer or christmas etc...
2. Can you do adr's even if your not on a meal plan?
3. How does one go about doing an adr?
Thanks guys.

Your questions are not stupid - always ask questions - the DIS is here to help :)

1. No matter when you go to WDW, I would recommend adrs. You can waste alot of time trying to find a place to eat without an adr. Plus you may have to eat at a place you don't want to eat or you may have to eat an undesirable time. Without adrs you may end up not getting into any restaurant and be forced to eat counter service.

2. You can make adrs without being on the dining plan.

3. You can make adrs over-the-phone by calling disney dining or you can make them online on disney's website.

willing to eat at off times, at whatever restaurant has to be open (so hopping all over the place) and your party is not terribly large, you can go without ADRs. There are counter service (CS) locations that you can always go to instead of the tables servcie (TS) locations that most often require an ADR.

Disney Dining - 407-939-3463

The online system can be accessed via the Disney Resort home page. I will post a link below. The online system is probably your best bet if you are going this October. It provides alternative restaurants if your requested one is not available within a certain time range. Plus it's pretty easy to use.

There are people that like to wing things and go without ADRs. That will work out for laid back people that are very flexible on when and what they eat.

Definately make ADR'S - We would never go to DIZ without them no matter what time of the year it is.
Yes
on line or Disney Dining 407-939-3463

I tried O'hana for dinner and can't get in.....and it's only 2 of us!!
I guess I'm too late.
We are really laid back but were really wanting to try O'hana and Boma!
Should we try walking up?
:mad:

Roedisney.....
Is your pup a shih tzu?? So cute. I have one too!!! Love them!

2 weeks before a trip is really late to try to get ADRs, especially for the popular places you are talking about. Even so, cancellations happen. If I were you, I would get online several times a day and see if something pops up. I've had much better luck now that things are online. Unless you are right around the restaurants or just want to see the resorts, I don't think I would waste the time going all the way to Ohana or Boma and trying to get a walk up. We see people turned away at WDW table service restaurants all the time, especially popular ones. Even if you can't pick up what you want online before you go, call every day even while you are there. We have cancelled ADRs the day of when we got sidetracked somewhere else, and we have also gotten some the day before or even day of. Good Luck! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!