Adult free dining for child

twirly123

Mouseketeer
My DD8 likes eating from the adult menu. If we booked during free dining, could we pay the extra for an adult ticket for her to allow her to have adult dining credits and therefore eat from the adult menu?

My DD8 likes eating from the adult menu. If we booked during free dining, could we pay the extra for an adult ticket for her to allow her to have adult dining credits and therefore eat from the adult menu?
Yes you can. You will need to age her up to 10 years old and the only difference will be what you pay for her park ticket. I did this once when I knew my 9 year old son would not be satisfied with the children's menu.
On a side note - the children's menu at many locations is lackluster - Disney could really use some work in this area.

Yes you can. You will need to age her up to 10 years old and the only difference will be what you pay for her park ticket. I did this once when I knew my 9 year old son would not be satisfied with the children's menu.

You will also pay a potential difference in price for tips.

Also, if you stay at a value and free dining is offered for QSDP...you will pay to upgrade adult QSDP to adult DDP (about $25 a night) vs child QSDP to child DDP (about $5/night)

You will also pay a potential difference in price for tips.
True - the overall restaurant bill will be higher, however if OP's daughter normally orders from an adult menu then OP is probably used to a higher restaurant check.

To get around this we just booked mostly buffets and family style meals. The only time a child has to get off the child menu is a TS with a menu. Quick service is the same as adult credits I believe.

Fantastic thanks. We will be staying at beach club I think so should have regular plan, but thanks smiths02.

Figmentmommy - I assume when we up her age to 10 if we have to pay our of pocket for one meal or buffet (as we will use 2 credits at CG) we would have to pay adult price for her despite her being under 10 as she is noted as 10 on MDE?

Fantastic thanks. We will be staying at beach club I think so should have regular plan, but thanks smiths02.

Figmentmommy - I assume when we up her age to 10 if we have to pay our of pocket for one meal or buffet (as we will use 2 credits at CG) we would have to pay adult price for her despite her being under 10 as she is noted as 10 on MDE?
No at a oop Buffett she will be a child. They do not scan your band unless it has credits on it.

I don't know if Disney has changed this, but for any pre-pay things (Dessert parties, etc.) We were charged the price for whenever we booked it. So my son has an early June birthday. I booked a dessert party in early spring and he was 9, so I was charged child price even though he was 10 when we went in late June.

There is probably a way around that if she is 10 in MDE, you might be charged more for things like that (I suppose you could just call and say you want the reservation for however many adults and however many children)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter