Adult only vs not

dkostel

DIS Veteran
I am looking to do my first ABD with my 24yo daughter. We are thinking about Costa Rica and are wondering if there is any difference for adults between an adult only and all ages trip. Is it odd for families without kids to go on an all ages trip?

It's not odd at all. I've been on three family trips as a solo, and it was just fine. There were also families with adult kids, moms with adult sons, moms with adult daughters, couples with no kids, etc. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Personally, I like the dynamics of an Adults Only trip, because it seems to me the Adults can feel free to be more child-like. I suppose it's a personal preference. I don't dislike kids or anything like that, but I just prefer not traveling with them.

The itineraries are, in general, the same, although sometimes, depending on the trip and the circumstances, the Guides might include a more Adult version of an activity on an Adults Only trip than on the family trips. In Alaska, we did a brewery tour that included lunch rather than a more family-oriented restaurant. On my Greece trip, the Adults got to do the race in the Olympic Stadium since there were no kids to do it. Stuff like that.

Sayhello

I am looking to do my first ABD with my 24yo daughter. We are thinking about Costa Rica and are wondering if there is any difference for adults between an adult only and all ages trip. Is it odd for families without kids to go on an all ages trip?

We went without kids and it was a non-issue. Hell, there was even a couple on their honeymoon in our group!

We have no kids and have done both the family trips and the adults only trips. We never felt any different or out of place on the family trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!