Adult Time WWYD?

Siome42

Earning My Ears
We'll be using the Mariner Club one of the nights of our stay. I'd love to hear favorite things to do at the Universal properties that are geared more towards adults.

First thing I think of is all the City Walk clubs and bars that are there. Also, there is nice bars at the hotels as well. Clubbing is not my cup of tea, but sitting at a nice bar and having a drink and eats are nice. However, than that, that's all I can think of other than going on all the rides at USF / IOA you typically wouldn't be able to do with children, or without having to do child swap.

Oh! And this is not necessarily for just adults, but kind of something you wouldn't be able to do with small children and that is the VIP Tour at the Hard Rock Cafe. I say it wouldn't be for small children as it's quite a lengthy tour, or them potentially making a mess somewhere (specifically would be worried about the "white" room). However, it's one of those things you'd really get into if rock history is your thing and it's free.

What time of year will you be there? Halloween Horror Nights (Sep/Oct) are most definitely geared towards teens and up. Its a lot of fun for adults.

Otherwise, I agree with PP that its fun to enjoy all the different bars around City Walk. We love the dueling pianos at Pat O'Brien's - makes for a really fun night.

The Palm is a great place for grown-ups/adults to enjoy a steak or elegant meal. It's fancy, so that may or may not appeal.

Oh! And this is not necessarily for just adults, but kind of something you wouldn't be able to do with small children and that is the VIP Tour at the Hard Rock Cafe. I say it wouldn't be for small children as it's quite a lengthy tour, or them potentially making a mess somewhere (specifically would be worried about the "white" room). However, it's one of those things you'd really get into if rock history is your thing and it's free.

I'm a huge oldies/classic rock fan and will be going to Universal Orlando next month with a friend. The trip is two adults and no kids. Thank you so much for telling me about this. It sounds fantastic and I probably would not have found out about it without your post. Thank you for telling me about something amazing.

Last edited:

That sounds perfect for our girls' trip in August - how does one set this up?

I have not done it but now I want to. I did some research and it seems pretty easy to do. You ask the host/hostess when you arrive at the Hard Rock Cage if they are doing Vibe/VIP tours that day and when the next one is. Based on the websites I have read, that's pretty much all there is to it.

The tours are free, and they run every day between 2 p.m. and 9 p.m., except on days with concerts at Hard Rock Live. (This information is from four years ago, so I do not know if the hours are still accurate)

https://orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/touristinfo/Hard-Rock-Cafe-Orlando-Secret-Tour.htm

My husband and I enjoyed the piano bar at Pat O'Brien's (5pm-2am) located in CityWalk. There's a cover charge after 7pm. When we went we were in the establishment before the cover charge applied.

We also enjoyed grabbing a beer (if you're into that) in Hogsmeade towards nighttime and sitting outsite (if it's nice out) listening to the sounds.

I was surprised with this on my 13th birthday, so I do not know unfortunately, however whenever I come I always ask if it's still offer it and they not only offer it, but it's still for free. I keep telling myself I'll do it again, but typically if I'm there I always got plans to do other things. I believe you can just ask for it and they can make it happen. Last time, I asked the waiter made it seem pretty casual. However, I do not know if it'll happen instantly, or they'll have to at least make arrangements at a later time that day. To be safe, I would call Hard Rock Cafe ahead just to make sure.

Been gone for most of the last week and didn't take my computer, so I didn't see this until we got back tonight. Thank you Kit Jackson and Disxuni! I will check that out in late August. I bet my sis would love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!