Adult Trip Extra Event Suggestions?

sydwolfe1014

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone! I've read through too many to count threads and have gotten so many great ideas of what to do on our 2 week Disney adventure in 2020. I listed an outline below of what we (Me-30, sister-21) plan to do on our trip. If you have any suggestions of other "must do" activities, please let us know!
Day 1- Spend night at Hyatt Regency
Day 2- head to Port Canaveral and board the Disney Dream for a 3 night Merrytime Cruise (first cruise ever!)
Day 3- DCL in Nassau (planned to stay on board and explore the ship...Rainforest room possibly?)
Day 4- DCL in Castaway Cay- definitely enjoying the beach
Day 5- disembark and head to POFQ for full stay at WDW; plan to head to AK for the afternoon and hoping for Le Cellier dinner reservations/exploring a bit of Epcot
Day 6- Typhoon Lagoon for the day and MVMCP at night; considering Tony's party ticket too
Day 7- MK for a bit in the morning to do rides we couldn't the night before; resort hopping to looking at Christmas decorations; Cir du Soleil at night
Day 8- Epcot all day and Boardwalk fun at night
Day 9- Universal Studios
Day 10- no plans at all for a rest and recharge day; maybe the space at DSS for me
Day 11- HS for the day with the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! dessert party at night
Day 12- AK (figure this is the best option to snag FoP FP tickets); afternoon and evening open schedule
Day 13- Keys to the Kingdom tour; afternoon and evening open schedule
Day 14- relaxing morning, with a likely 5pm flight (so we'd get picked up at about 2pm)

We've never been to WDW as adults and as you can see, are willing to splurge a bit on the experiences. We were last in WDW in 2008 as 17 and 8 years old so a lot has changed since then! My sister will have turned 21 about 1 week before this trip, so I'm sure we'll enjoy Epcot, Boardwalk, and Disney Springs. If there are any other experiences we should consider, both on the cruise and WDW, please let us know!

These aren't must do's so much as considerations

Any chance you'd be able to do Typhoon Lagoon on your resort hopping day? You could always be on the lookout of Early Morning Magic on the same day as your MVMCP. I know that sounds crazy considering how long you'll be in the park if you do it this way. But you knock out Fantasyland, you'll face typically lower crowds overall because it's a party night, and you can save your initial fastpasses for other rides which will get you done even sooner so you can get more fastpasses. Plus you get a complimentary breakfast. Of course. if you think that would be too tiring to do a park next day or just can't get up that early, that's understandable.

Not an I think you and your sister would really enjoy the Festival of the Holidays booths at EPCOT. I personally have at least two visits for my upcoming trip to EPCOT for this alone since it's going to be a good way for me to use my snack credits XD. And I want to get a bit of drinking around the world showcase on without being irresponsible.

On ship, you can get some beverage tastings in (the have everything from whiskey to chocolate & liqueur pairings to mixology). Definitely take a look at your port adventure options and you'l find something that fits your style easily. A little tip regarding Castaway Cay: If you want to do the snorkeling lagoon, you can bring your own equipment and won't have to pay to use it.

@Unvoiced_Apollo Thank you for your input, considerations and all! This is exactly the type of information/outside point of view we're looking for, so no offense taken :).

Through some initial research, we figured we'd do Typhoon Lagoon and MVMCP together due to the time you can get into MK. We figured if we head to TL 10-3/4ish, then get to MK by 5/6, we heard they typically allow guests who are going to the party in the park earlier then 7. So I figured it would be "relatively empty" for the first couple hours prior to everyone coming in later. If that's not how it works, then I'd totally consider another plan. I guess I should mention we plan to get 7 day park hoppers, but know that adding an 8th day is maybe an extra $10...

We both are definitely looking forward to Epcot and the holiday snack booths :). Initially she wanted to drink around the world in 1 day...I nixed that idea and said we can head back to Epcot another time or 2 over the 10 days of the trip to complete the circuit haha.

For the ship, I figure we'll be lucky to book any of the beverage tastings since it's our first cruise, so we'll see what's left. I'd definitely like to do one if there are still options- any top choices to consider? And good to know about snorkeling, that's definitely on our to do list as we're avid swimmers! And if I understand correctly, the snorkeling area is in the family section, not Serenity Bay right?

@Unvoiced_Apollo Thank you for your input, considerations and all! This is exactly the type of information/outside point of view we're looking for, so no offense taken :).

Through some initial research, we figured we'd do Typhoon Lagoon and MVMCP together due to the time you can get into MK. We figured if we head to TL 10-3/4ish, then get to MK by 5/6, we heard they typically allow guests who are going to the party in the park earlier then 7. So I figured it would be "relatively empty" for the first couple hours prior to everyone coming in later. If that's not how it works, then I'd totally consider another plan. I guess I should mention we plan to get 7 day park hoppers, but know that adding an 8th day is maybe an extra $10...

We both are definitely looking forward to Epcot and the holiday snack booths :). Initially she wanted to drink around the world in 1 day...I nixed that idea and said we can head back to Epcot another time or 2 over the 10 days of the trip to complete the circuit haha.

For the ship, I figure we'll be lucky to book any of the beverage tastings since it's our first cruise, so we'll see what's left. I'd definitely like to do one if there are still options- any top choices to consider? And good to know about snorkeling, that's definitely on our to do list as we're avid swimmers! And if I understand correctly, the snorkeling area is in the family section, not Serenity Bay right?

For the the snorkeling, it is in the family section. But if you do it early enough, you can certainly do it for a little bit before heading to the peaceful section of the island. Another thing I want to do at Castaway since it will be my first visit is the Pelican Plunge. It's floating area with a couple of water slides that you have to swim out to. So figure half an hour or so of snorkeling, one trip on the plunge, then head on over the the adults only area. Another thought if you want a chance to get onto the island earlier (it's not a guarantee) is to register for the 5k. As long you walk a bit, you don't have to do the whole thing and will still get a rubber "medal" for participating.

As for beverage tastings, I'm all about keeping an open mind and trying new things. My terrible sweet tooth would have me going for that chocolate & liqueur pairing. That said, if you can't get anything before your embarkation, you can visit guest services on the ship (I think that's the one you'll go to for tastings-if not they'll tell you where to go) and see if there's anything available then. Often times there is.

MVMCP- So caveat: my upcoming trip is also the first time I'm going to a party, so I'm parroting what I've been told. Unfortunately, they don't start officially start kicking out non-party goers until 6:00/6:15 - a lot of stragglers watching the castle lighting as well as day guests finishing up their rides, dining, etc. But that also means party goers arriving and also getting their rides, dining, etc in. I've been told it's a madhouse between 4-7. But as long as you're flexible, it can work though you might have a bit longer at MK the next day if you keep to your schedule. Of course if you're mainly focusing on rides during the party, then you should be able to get a decent chunk in (Rule of thumb for MK - always go left even on party nights. Everyone's going to be hitting up SDMT and SM). Just keep in mind FP distribution ends at 6. If you want to do a mix of things you're definitely going to have to pick & choose, especially if you decide to hit Tony's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter