Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

4 days! I could have sworn I had checked in more recently but I guess not..... anyway! Plans looks fab and bonus days are always a good thing! A little extra MK and DHS, how can you go wrong!

I hope you like Cape May for breakfast. We've eaten there many times and the characters are always fun. They often stop by more than once, especially if you interact with them.

I like your plans for the day. But you won't be able to get a bus from DHS to the BC unless the boats aren't running. But you'll find that out by then. :)

SERIOUSLY, WHO AT DISNEY THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?!

LMAO. I'm sure it sounded like a great idea at the time. You'd think with as many people that complain about it, they'd revamp it somehow.

I'm actually leaning toward the mai tai because it's in a glass that I would actually happily re-use at home. (Also because I like mai tais.)

I've heard rumors of Hitchhiking Ghost glasses. That's what I'm going after.

But thanks to my Bonus Disney Day, now I get to see both! Hooray!

Wooohooo! Hooray for bonus Disney Day!!!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

6 days until WDW! :hyper:

After that, I think it'll be just about time for another round of Facepainting, of course. Because crazy.

princessday.jpg

Crazy looks good on you. Just sayin'. pixiedust:

After lunch, I'll head over to Main Street to do a little shopping, eventually meandering on out of the park before the Festival of Fantasy Parade comes. Then I'll hop on the monorail for a little ride around the lagoon, with my final destination being the Polynesian. Why, do you ask? Well, it's time for yet another FIRST, of course!...

TraderSams-600x338.jpg

Trader Sam's! Ya'll, I don't even know what to order here. Rum is my liquor, and there's just SO many wonderful options here! It's going to be interesting to see what I end up with!

With a nice buzz happening, I'll catch the monorail to the TTC and transfer lines, because next I'm off to...

Epcot! .....

:lmao: I had a similar experience at EP during my last trip.... Our group split up for a while to each just do our own thing. I went to Epcot (via the International Gateway, incidentally) and found myself near Canada at a coffee kiosk (can't remember if it was Joffrey's yet??). Anyway, I ordered an "adult" coffee, and proceeded over near the railing at the lake to consume it and just enjoy the atmosphere. When I finished and began to make my way around WS, I was hit with the sudden rush of "Oh. Carp. I just had an alcoholic beverage, it's quite warm out, and I've hardly eaten today..... WOAH!....am I floating??!" :rotfl:

Good times, good times.....

Loving the plans. There is something great about the fact that even though you will be sad to leave your Beach Club hotel....you'll still be in the best place in the world for another day...sweet.....

4 days until WDW! :hyper:

festival-of-fantasy-parade-022-M.jpg

The Festival of Fantasy parade! Normally the daytime parades don't do much for me, but I absolutely LOVE this one! I usually do the reserved ECV/wheelchair area over by the Hall of Presidents, so I'm really curious about the VIP area for this dining package, and the different view we'll have!

comfortsuites.jpg

The Comfort Suites Maingate East, which is over near Old Town. I always have good experiences with Comfort Suites, so I'm expecting it to be a pretty easy night here.

After a good night's sleep, I'll get up early and take advantage of their complimentary breakfast, and then check-out and get on the road, headed back home after a SUPER AWESOME Disney vacation, and start counting down the days until the next one!

---I STILL haven't watched all of the FOF Parade, we caught a part of it on our trip in Oct and I loved what I saw...which is out of the norm for me.

---You have more willpower than me! There's no way I could just get up and head home...I would HAVE to make a last visit to MK or EPCOT or HS or AK or DS or ALL OF THE ABOVE, before hitting the road home...living 5 hours away from WDW would be so dangerous for me...and my time management...and my pocketbook.

---Good Luck with packing and dealing with the last few work days before DISNEY...mine are usually TORTURE...

After lunch, I'll head over to Main Street to do a little shopping, eventually meandering on out of the park before the Festival of Fantasy Parade comes. Then I'll hop on the monorail for a little ride around the lagoon, with my final destination being the Polynesian. Why, do you ask? Well, it's time for yet another FIRST, of course!...

TraderSams-600x338.jpg

Trader Sam's! Ya'll, I don't even know what to order here. Rum is my liquor, and there's just SO many wonderful options here! It's going to be interesting to see what I end up with!

If you want company - or someone to help you finish off an Uh-Oa or a Nautilus, I'm your gal! I'll be in Orlando by then and will be jonesing for some TS time!

Loved reading your last 2 days plans. Brings back some great memories especially Crystal Palace, Cape May, and Princess M&G's.
Have a most amazing and magical time on this long overdue solo trip. Can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Just saw on fb that your boss let you off 2 hours early today and your vacation has officially begun - woohoo!! :thumbsup2:cheer2::banana:

Just about to go finish packing here in a little bit. I will be back tomorrow night for a final update! But in the meanwhile... replies!

Last day. It's always so sad:( I am interested to hear how you like Beach Club. We will be going between Xmas and NYE. I decided I didn't want to hassle with traffic, so I booked Beach Club for the 30th & 31st, since we will spend NYE at Epcot. We have never stayed at the Epcot resorts. We also have a reservation there for November 2017 for my milestone birthday celebration:woohoo:, so that we can be close to Epcot for F&W.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to LOVE the Beach Club, and so will you! But I'll definitely report back in my Trip Report!

The clown pool pictures are killing me :rotfl2: Its never bothered my kids but no way in hell would I EVER allow anything in the image of a clown in my house!!!
We have a lunch ADR next month at LTT for the same reason as you- Ooey Gooey toffee cake :goodvibes We ate there once a few years ago but I wasn't yet aware of this plateful of love so this will be a first for me. I'm also hoping to visit Ample Hills (hee hee) since they've conveniently located it so close to my resort........
Oh, and I hope you enjoy the Pixar shorts! I liked them all,but the first one in particular. Minnie says "Poughkeepsie" which is the town right next to me where my parents, myself, and my kids were born :)
I just love that you tittered like a kid after saying "Ample Hills." I thought I was the only one!

Soooooo behind! Crunch time for me for packing and getting stuff together, now that the broken toe is starting to heal up. All those plans look amazing - looking forward to when I can entertain some solo Dis time. But I sure have a few moments for some single digit dancing!

200.gif

200w.gif

200.gif
With an entire "Dirty Dancing" theme to your Single Digit Day dancing! I love it!

4 days! I could have sworn I had checked in more recently but I guess not..... anyway! Plans looks fab and bonus days are always a good thing! A little extra MK and DHS, how can you go wrong!
2 days now, can you believe it?! Actually, since it's night time, more like a day and a half until I leave. Like, 34 hours. AHHHHHHH!!!

I hope you like Cape May for breakfast. We've eaten there many times and the characters are always fun. They often stop by more than once, especially if you interact with them.

I like your plans for the day. But you won't be able to get a bus from DHS to the BC unless the boats aren't running. But you'll find that out by then. :)
You know, I knew that and meant to fix it on the spreadsheet and totally spaced it! Ooops! But it doesn't matter now, because I've actually changed my post-HS plans for that night now. Details forthcoming in tomorrow night's update!

LMAO. I'm sure it sounded like a great idea at the time. You'd think with as many people that complain about it, they'd revamp it somehow.
I so wish they would! Theme the water slide like a roller coaster. That would be super cool and still go with the Boardwalk theming. Or anything, really. JUST NO SCARY SOUL-DEVOURING CLOWNS WITH DEMONIC GLOWING EYES, THOUGH. Geez.

I've heard rumors of Hitchhiking Ghost glasses. That's what I'm going after.
Oooh, I know not of which you speak! To be fair though, I haven't look super deep into Traders Sams since last year.

Wooohooo! Hooray for bonus Disney Day!!!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!
YES LAWD JESUS! It's almost time! Even more so for YOU!

Crazy looks good on you. Just sayin'. pixiedust:
Why thank you!

:lmao: I had a similar experience at EP during my last trip.... Our group split up for a while to each just do our own thing. I went to Epcot (via the International Gateway, incidentally) and found myself near Canada at a coffee kiosk (can't remember if it was Joffrey's yet??). Anyway, I ordered an "adult" coffee, and proceeded over near the railing at the lake to consume it and just enjoy the atmosphere. When I finished and began to make my way around WS, I was hit with the sudden rush of "Oh. Carp. I just had an alcoholic beverage, it's quite warm out, and I've hardly eaten today..... WOAH!....am I floating??!" :rotfl:

Good times, good times.....
Bahaha! That's great!

Loving the plans. There is something great about the fact that even though you will be sad to leave your Beach Club hotel....you'll still be in the best place in the world for another day...sweet.....
Yeah, definitely helps to cushion the fall!

---I STILL haven't watched all of the FOF Parade, we caught a part of it on our trip in Oct and I loved what I saw...which is out of the norm for me.
You should definitely make time to stop for it next time! It's WONDERFUL!

---You have more willpower than me! There's no way I could just get up and head home...I would HAVE to make a last visit to MK or EPCOT or HS or AK or DS or ALL OF THE ABOVE, before hitting the road home...living 5 hours away from WDW would be so dangerous for me...and my time management...and my pocketbook.
Actually, normally I agree! I typically get up on the last day and go have a nice breakfast at one of the Disney resorts, and head home from there. And I might still, depending on how early I manage to get up that morning, and how much money I still have at my disposal at the end of the trip. I have to have my rental car turned back in here at home by 3pm, so that will determine what I can do that morning. Also, what last minute breakfast ADR I can score, should I have time to go do so. But more than likely I'll sleep as late as I can, then need to get up, eat free hotel breakfast, and hit the road.

---Good Luck with packing and dealing with the last few work days before DISNEY...mine are usually TORTURE...
They were pretty harsh, but I got through them! Today was my last day! FREEEEEEEDOM!!!

If you want company - or someone to help you finish off an Uh-Oa or a Nautilus, I'm your gal! I'll be in Orlando by then and will be jonesing for some TS time!
I will PM you here should I find myself in need of a drinking buddy! :)

YES!!!!!!!!!
:jumping1:
SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDD!

Loved reading your last 2 days plans. Brings back some great memories especially Crystal Palace, Cape May, and Princess M&G's.
I'm so glad! Hopefully the Trip Report will be even better.

Have a most amazing and magical time on this long overdue solo trip. Can't wait to read all about it when you get back.
Thank you so much!

Just saw on fb that your boss let you off 2 hours early today and your vacation has officially begun - woohoo!! :thumbsup2:cheer2::banana:
SPOILER ALERT! Hahaha. Yeah, I was pretty excited!

Happy vacation!!! I can't believe it's here :D Have so much fun!
I know, isn't it CRAZY?!?! 34 hours until I'm on my way!

Last edited:
Okay, I've been so insanely all over the place lately and I missed like a million (or like 3) updates, so I have to play catch up now.

Journey into Imagination with Figment! I had to skip this on the last few trips, so I'm happy to finally see it again. Plus, I think if I skip it again, @cajunfan and @Chicago Mo might kill me in my sleep.

Eh, skip it. It's weird :)

Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival! I've heard good thigs about one of these, so I'm excited to see them!

Yes!! The three shorts they show are all cute. My favorite is La Luna, but I think they're all really good.

YES, MORE SOARIN' BECAUSE IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME. Don't judge me!

People judge for excessive Soarin'? That's just not cool. There's no such thing as too much Soarin'.

Spaceship Earth! And we'll see where on the ride I get stuck... I ALWAYS get stuck on this ride! My favorite was when it was outside of Rome burning... I can still smell it!

As crazy as it is ... I love the Rome burning smell. I would totally be cool with getting stuck there.
I usually get stuck at the top, right when we're starting to move backwards ... which is totally perfect for someone who has issues with heights.

ribeye.jpg

How freakin' delicious does that look?! I cannot wait!

I will take like 6 of those please. Thank you.

Space Mountain! And yes, that's how it makes me feel! I have a total love/hate relationship with this ride!

I get that. I love Space Mountain, but I get the hate, it's a bit much sometimes. But also ... I love it.

That legendary Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! I can't wait!

From everything I've heard and read ... I'm hungry just looking at that. And I have another few hours until lunch. I want one.

YES!!! They have a lot of fun stuff on the menu (says the girl who got a beer ... but in my defense, I pretty much almost always drink beer).

Illuminations! Hands-down my favorite night-time show at Disney World. It has a special place in my heart. The first time I ever saw it was on the final night of my trip in January 2000. It was so just stunningly gorgeous, I found myself in tears as I watched. It was that moment that it clicked for me... I got it. I finally understood. I felt the MAGIC. And I fell hopelessly in love with Walt Disney World. :lovestruc

Aw, the first time I saw it was about a month after you. It really is such an incredible show, and I think everyone has special moments associated with Illuminations.

Seriously though, if you revisit my last 2-3 PTR/TRs, I'm pretty sure Harley's fluffy butt is in all the suitcase pics. How would I ever get any packing done without him???

I think that if Harley wasn't in the picture, we'd all assume you were just stealing pictures from the internet to cover for the fact that you haven't started packing yet.

Magic Kingdom! Since by this point I hope to have cleared all my must-do rides and attractions, I made today's FPs all about characters! Specifically, my lady friends! First up?...

Okay, that literally sounds like the perfect day. I love character days!! And you've got some great characters planned!

Fantasmic! I thought I wasn't going to get to see this at all on this trip, as I had only planned the one night at HS and didn't want to miss the Star Wars fireworks. But thanks to my Bonus Disney Day, now I get to see both! Hooray!

YAY!!! Trips without Fantasmic! are sad. I'm excited that you'll get to see it on your bonus day!

All the plans look awesome! I can't believe your trip is almost here ... you're going to have the best time ever!! Enjoy!

I have really enjoyed following along with your pre-trip report, and I hope you have a MAGICAL time!

I'm newish here and I've been silently following along. Have fun!!! My husband and I leave on Saturday for our Disneymoon! So we will be at Disney the same time as you. Hope you don't mind but I'm totally using your list of goodies for the Food and Wine festival!

It's almost time :) I'm so excited for you. I hope you have a wonderful trip and amazing weather.
Thanks so much! I hope so too!

Have fun Billie!
Thank you!

Okay, I've been so insanely all over the place lately and I missed like a million (or like 3) updates, so I have to play catch up now.
I'm ALWAYS behind here, so I totally understand!

Eh, skip it. It's weird :)
Careful. Those be fightin' words for SOME PEOPLE on these boards!

Yes!! The three shorts they show are all cute. My favorite is La Luna, but I think they're all really good.
La Luna is the one that I'm looking forward to the most, actually!

People judge for excessive Soarin'? That's just not cool. There's no such thing as too much Soarin'.
I 110% agree with you!

As crazy as it is ... I love the Rome burning smell. I would totally be cool with getting stuck there.
I usually get stuck at the top, right when we're starting to move backwards ... which is totally perfect for someone who has issues with heights.
Okay, this made me laugh out-loud in my doctor's waiting room this morning. You poor thing!

I will take like 6 of those please. Thank you.
Right?! It looks SO GOOD.

I get that. I love Space Mountain, but I get the hate, it's a bit much sometimes. But also ... I love it.
Exaaaactly!

From everything I've heard and read ... I'm hungry just looking at that. And I have another few hours until lunch. I want one.
It better live up to all of the hype, I'm just saying!

YES!!! They have a lot of fun stuff on the menu (says the girl who got a beer ... but in my defense, I pretty much almost always drink beer).
So much fun stuff! It's gonna be hard for me to choose.

Aw, the first time I saw it was about a month after you. It really is such an incredible show, and I think everyone has special moments associated with Illuminations.
I know a lot of people have more emotional attachment to Wishes, which I also LOVE, of course. But Illuminations will always have a very special place in my heart thanks to that very first "Ah-ha!" moment.

I think that if Harley wasn't in the picture, we'd all assume you were just stealing pictures from the internet to cover for the fact that you haven't started packing yet.
This made me laugh even more in my doctor's office!

Okay, that literally sounds like the perfect day. I love character days!! And you've got some great characters planned!
Yes, I like the idea of taking an easy day for this final day of the trip! It should be good! I may try to catch Gaston on this day too, if I'm feeling brave!

YAY!!! Trips without Fantasmic! are sad. I'm excited that you'll get to see it on your bonus day!
Me too! I was so bummed about having to skip it, but it's all worked out swimmingly!

All the plans look awesome! I can't believe your trip is almost here ... you're going to have the best time ever!! Enjoy!
Less than 24 hours until I leeeeeeave!

I have really enjoyed following along with your pre-trip report, and I hope you have a MAGICAL time!
Thank you so much, and I'm glad you've enjoyed my shenanigans here in the PTR!

I'm newish here and I've been silently following along. Have fun!!! My husband and I leave on Saturday for our Disneymoon! So we will be at Disney the same time as you. Hope you don't mind but I'm totally using your list of goodies for the Food and Wine festival!
By all means, feel free to steal it! And if you happen to see me out and about, please do say hello! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter