Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Have fun! Think of all of us stuck working while you are off having a magical time.

On second thought, don't think about work, ours or yours! Why ruin even a minute of vacation? :rotfl:

If I'm counting right you will be hitting the road in just a few hours. Safe travels and have an amazing trip!!!! Can't wait to eat, drink, and read all about it.

Have a great trip Billie :yay::yay::yay:
I intend to! LOL. Thank you!

Have fun! Think of all of us stuck working while you are off having a magical time.

On second thought, don't think about work, ours or yours! Why ruin even a minute of vacation? :rotfl:
Don't worry, work will be the FURTHEST thing from my mind for the next 10 days!

If I'm counting right you will be hitting the road in just a few hours. Safe travels and have an amazing trip!!!! Can't wait to eat, drink, and read all about it.
T-Minus 10 hours until I'm Florida-bound!

1 day until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Just so you guys know, I nearly didn't write this update, since so many of you already wished me well and sent me off today! (And I appreciate every little bit of it!) But I do have a few things to tell ya'll!

So I posted on Monday my final day plans, right? For my Disney Bonus Day? Well, on Tuesday, it got even Bonus-ier! It started off with me going, "Hmm, well, since I have to head back to the Beach Club to turn in my scooter and get my bags and my car, why don't I just book a dinner ADR on the Boardwalk while there?" So I peeped available ADRs, and my only options were Trattoria al Forno (and I'll have just had Italian food for lunch) or Flying Fish (which while it's on my bucket list for someday, it just didn't speak to me for this trip.)

So I was a little bummed, but then I thought, "Well, why I don't I just leave Hollywood Studios and head to Disney Springs for dinner, and then I can do some last-minute shopping at World of Disney if I need to?" So I started peeping those ADRs, and found one that I've been super curious about since it was first announced...

morimoto.png

Morimoto Asia! So the new plan is HS to DS, noms, shopping, THEN back to Beach Club to turn in my scooter and fetch my bag and car, head out to my off-property hotel for the night.

Today was a busy day! It started with a cute new hair cut this morning!

billie-new-hair2.jpg

I just love it!

That was followed by a quick visit with my grandma (who hooked me up with some spending money, woo!), then I went to two doctor appointments, and then lunch at my favorite sandwich shop because I'm all YAY CARBS for the next 10 days.

After that, it was back to my apartment where I was picked up by my Mama and we went off to get pedicures. I got me some glittery pretty pink princess toes!

princess-toes.png

When we were done getting our tootsies did, Mama drove me over to our local Enterprise branch and dropped me off so I could pick up my rental car for the trip, then finally I went home to get back to packing and cleaning and such.

But it's done! It's all done! I am completely packed and ready to go! Once I post this, I'll hop in the shower and then I'm off to bed. T-minus 7.5 hours until departure!

Thank you ALL for sticking with me through another very long PTR! Ya'll are just the BEST, and you make the DIS worth writing these reports. I'll be back with links to the the Trip Report and Dining Report as soon as I start them!

Bye, ya'll!

uLda64US3sb16.gif

Last edited:

Very nice toes and lovely haircut! Have the best time Billie and I'll be on the lookout for both your reports :)

Love the haircut and the pedicure color! Have an amazing and safe trip; I know you will love every minute. As someone who just got back from their first October trip, I can guarantee you will love it!

Drive safely!! Oh how I wish I was in that car with you instead of here at work!!

I love your new haircut and your sparkly toes! I'm so excited for your trip and can't wait to hear all about it!

Safe travels!

I love that you're constantly adding more fun stuff to this trip. Seriously, you're amazing.

Since I'm guessing you won't read this until you get back ... I hope you had an awesome trip and I'm excited to read all about it!

I hope you are having a fantastic time!!!!

FWIW - Liberty Tree is the Disney meal I dream of most often...

Liberty Tree Tavern! Which happens to be another FIRST for me! And while for lunch I'm kinda eyeballing that pork belly BLT sandwich, I think we all know the real reason I'm eating here...

ooey.png

That legendary Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! I can't wait!

While I am sure that the Pork Belly BLT would be good, the pot roast is freaking ah-maze-ing. OhEmGee!!! I can't wait to read your trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter