Adults Can Now Get Character Couture Makeovers!

Arielfan98

DIS Veteran
I'm really excited about this! I would love to get a character makeover. My only issue is, Disney bans adults from wearing costumes. It seems kind of conflicting that they would go as far to allow us to have the hair/make-up, but not wear the costume. I understand why, but just seems ironic. I'll stick to Disney bounding for now!

What do you guys think?

https://disneyaddicts.com/can-adults-get-character-makeovers-at-disney-world-270197/

I'm really excited about this! I would love to get a character makeover. My only issue is, Disney bans adults from wearing costumes. It seems kind of conflicting that they would go as far to allow us to have the hair/make-up, but not wear the costume. I understand why, but just seems ironic. I'll stick to Disney bounding for now!

What do you guys think?

https://disneyaddicts.com/can-adults-get-character-makeovers-at-disney-world-270197/
It seems like a way to make money off Disneybounding.

Funny how people complain about up charges- but then happily spend $300 on a princess makeover for the kids o_O

To be fair, this is completely optional. Not everyone who complains about up charges are necessarily purchasing these makeovers lol. Also, $50-$120 is still more reasonable and logical for a princess makeover than charging ridiculous amounts for parking in a resort you're already staying at :rolleyes:

I watched the video because I didn't see anything in pictures that looked like makeover ..... and then realized that is the makeover. Honestly if I saw someone in the park like that I might not look twice or I might think "cute Disneybounding makeup" so ... makes perfect sense to me would do this with Disneybounding not a costume.

And really, this would be SO easy to just do it yourself.

I can't believe anyone would pay for those hideous make up options. It looks like the artists really don't know how to apply makeup or choose flattering colors or options. This is almost like face painting.
Well believe it because many have the opposite opinion of you and love the option of being able to go and get their hair and makeup done. Adults now get their own BBB and I think it's great even if it is silly.

Well believe it because many have the opposite opinion of you and love the option of being able to go and get their hair and makeup done. Adults now get their own BBB and I think it's great even if it is silly.

I mean yeah people can spent their money on whatever they want. But for me, when I was hoping for a BBB for adults I thought it would be more adult themed? Like adult make up looks and not make up that looks like those kids make up you get from the dollar store. I'm just shocked because I love make up and for the money I was expecting something a little more professional looking. But you're totally right, adults can spend their money on silly looks if they think its cute.

I mean yeah people can spent their money on whatever they want. But for me, when I was hoping for a BBB for adults I thought it would be more adult themed? Like adult make up looks and not make up that looks like those kids make up you get from the dollar store. I'm just shocked because I love make up and for the money I was expecting something a little more professional looking. But you're totally right, adults can spend their money on silly looks if they think its cute.

I just want to add my two cents: I am not a hair or makeup person at all! To me, the hair is far more professional that I could ever do on my own. I'll admit the makeup doesn't look that impressive, but still much better than what I could do by myself.

I just want to add my two cents: I am not a hair or makeup person at all! To me, the hair is far more professional that I could ever do on my own. I'll admit the makeup doesn't look that impressive, but still much better than what I could do by myself.
I totally understand. And I'm realizing I sounded harsh to the people that would like this. I think I was expecting more make up like how they would actually do their face characters make up. Cuz I would love that! Totally with you on the hair. I am garbage at hair so I would be down to get my hair done here and just do my own makeup after!

hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So excited to see this!

I totally understand. And I'm realizing I sounded harsh to the people that would like this. I think I was expecting more make up like how they would actually do their face characters make up. Cuz I would love that! Totally with you on the hair. I am garbage at hair so I would be down to get my hair done here and just do my own makeup after!
I agree that the makeup is a little more childish or loud than I was hoping it would be. I suck at makeup so like, sparkles and big eyelashes would be enough for me! But I think it looks more like "one color for all" and less "professional makeup so you look like a princess with your disneybound", which is what I was hoping it'd look like.

Okay, I was really excited for this experience when it was first announced but now I'm just more confused than anything.

The promotional video that Disney released (can be found here) was really well done. I, among others, was excited to see that they were offering an adult service that was similar to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It was a request many people have been making since BBB stopped offering adult services. From the video alone, the only style I could even remotely picture myself wearing was the Cinderella inspired one, but it looked like it would be a fun way to spend the day and get some cute pictures regardless, so I was all about it.

The first red flag that popped up for me was the fact that there's no official information readily online for this experience. You have to call to make a reservation, get prices, and presumably ask about what specific styles they offer. The second red flag was that the promotional video, from an official Walt Disney World social media account, clearly said that this service would be offered at Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian. However, the first report of someone attempting to get the makeover (the review has since then been deleted) confirmed that the experience actually took place at Ivy Trellis (the smaller salon at the Grand Floridian), where all of the CMs that worked there had no idea that the Character Couture packages even existed. It appears that since then, there has been a successful account of someone going through Character Couture (I'll let you see the video here). I think the hair is gorgeous and while the nails and makeup aren't my personal style, if this is what I wanted, I would have walked out of there feeling like I got my money's worth.

I guess my TL;DR version of this post is that it seems like Disney sprung this onto the salons and CMs without any warning (as a former CM, I can tell you that they like to do this to us lol). I think they genuinely want us to have the BBB experience adults have been asking for, but they need to refine it and work out the kinks. If they take the time to listen to guest feedback, work out the styles/kinks, post some more information online, and don't abrubtly scrap this service (another thing they like to do if something doesn't immediately bring them thousands of dollars), I can see this being really fun for adults.

If anyone is interested in more information, I found this post from Undercover Tourist that seems to have the most comprehensive information sheet I've seen for Character Couture.

(Sorry this post was a little long :blush: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter