"Adults only trip to DLP!" Day 2

rylisal

Mouseketeer
9/2/08 Woke around 7.30(way too early!) but so used to waking up early at home with our 2.5 yr old!
Showered, dressed & went down to Breakfast around 9am. It was busy in the restaurant but as it was just for 2 of us, we got a table within minutes..The Breakfast buffet was superb, everything you can imagine & was constantly being replenished which we thought was excellent.
After breakfast we had a short stroll around the hotel gardens. The sun was already shining so it was a nice chance to 'wake up'!
We returned to our room to collect coats/bag ..Decided not to wrap up TOO warm as we got so hot yesterday.It really is warm in the sun..Is it really Feb??!!
Got outside & were a lot of peopls waiting for shuttle, it was just before 10am so park opening time.A bus came & was very full but as it was just the 2 of us, we managed to squeeze in!!Lucky us again!

Arrived at Disney & had already decided we'd do the Studios 1st as they're smaller & closed earlier than Disneyland park.
It was 10.10 am so we headed straight to Terror Tower but already it had a 45min line so we got a fastpass to return later.
Went to Studio tram tour but had to wait about 20mins as theyhad 'technical probs!
Wandered around the Toon area afterwards with DH saying "liam would have loved this" Our 2.5 yr old is really into Cars movie so it made DH feel very guilty that we'd left kids at home!Funny how you miss them when they're not around but they drive you mad the rest of the time!!LOL!
Actually, I must confess to be quite enjoying my free time 'childless' but then thats probably 'cos I'm the one who does almost everything for them at home!

We returned to do TT, which was great although we think it's a bit shorter in height than the one at WDW??Still scarey though!
Next it was time for the 'Motors/Action' show which was excellent again(better than WDW version!)
Went to 'Animagique' for a little sit down & enjoyed the show!
Rock 'n' roll coaster next...Brilliant!!
I'd not been on it for a few years due to always being the one holding the baby(that was my excuse!)but i really loved it...Although it banged my head around!
we tried to get on Crush's Coaster but the line was just way too long(still 90mins at 2.30pm)so decided to say goodbye & head to Disneyland park!!

The fact that the parks are so close is lovely...we were in Disneyland five mins later. Grabbed coffee & muffin on Main St, sat in sun & watched everyone going by with the Castle in view...Lovely!
Got a fastpass for Space Mountain next & waited the half hour 'till it was our time to go on it!I love SM at DLP, its so much better than WDW!
Our next ride was Pirates as it was only a few mins wait.We then continued around the park, we did do Indiana Jones but not Thunder m as the line was huge & no fastpasses left by time we got there..Why is TM still so popular?
We stayed in the park until around 7pm when we'd had enough walking, riding, etc.. but we had had a great day. It was good to go on the rides together again as we hadn't been able to do that for years.

We had a 7.45 reservation for 'Cape Cod' at Newport Bay hotel so wandered through Disney Village, arriving at NB a bit too early as it was only 7.30pm but it was fine & we went straight to our table!
The Newport Bay is where i really wanted to stay but it was too pricey so the next best thing for us is dinner here!
We chose cape Cod as it's a buffet & it really was excellent...Lots of choice & top quality food. It reminded me of the food on our Disney Cruise, very high standard!
Ate loads, had lovely bottle of wine too..total bill 71 euros whch is a lot but worth it as we enjoyed it so much!we also took our time which was lovely to do, something that doesn't happen usually with kids it tow!

Strolled back to bus & yet again, it was there waiting..we have been so lucky with the buses!
Returned to Dream Castle, tired but happy after a wonderful day!!

Paris08MumsBday045.jpg
Paris08MumsBday046.jpg
Paris08MumsBday032.jpg

beautiful shot of Main street. Love seeing the 15th anniversary banners hanging.

Don't feel guilty about an adults only trip. The way to be a best mommy is to be a happy wife, quality time with husband is important :love: (Liam can enjoy the next time).

Was the Cars show in French? I wasn't that impressed when I saw it at WDW, wasn't sure if I wanted to check out again but maybe will give another go.

How did you find the rooms at Dream Castle? Spacious? Comfy? In good repair?

beautiful shot of Main street. Love seeing the 15th anniversary banners hanging.

Don't feel guilty about an adults only trip. The way to be a best mommy is to be a happy wife, quality time with husband is important :love: (Liam can enjoy the next time).

Was the Cars show in French? I wasn't that impressed when I saw it at WDW, wasn't sure if I wanted to check out again but maybe will give another go.

How did you find the rooms at Dream Castle? Spacious? Comfy? In good repair?
Not a 'Cars' show at DLP(unless we missed it!) just a 'cars' teacup style ride for little kids.
Unless you mean the Motor/Action show in which case, it was in French & English & we actually think the DLP version is better than WDW, but thats where it originates from!
Dream Castle was Excellent all round..Definately reccommend it & only 5 mins by shuttle from DLP!

yep, I meant Motor/Action, guess I got distracted by that cute picture of Lightning McQueen (and you're cute too of course).

A great day :goodvibes

I'm half-dreading/half-longing for the day when I can go to Disney child-free ~ I'll be sad because it will mean all my DDs will have grown up but it must be lovely to do exactly what you want!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter