Adults only? What?

Aaeolien

Mouseketeer
So I haven't done this pre trip report thing before so bear with me but I thought it would be useful for me keeping track of all things related to our trip as I *gasp* haven't planned a Disney trip in 6 years. Between some major life changes Disney just hadn't been a priority.

So the background of said trip. My wife and I are attending the GCXEvent next summer and decided hey we are going to be in Orlando why not add on some days at Disney and experience it sans kids. Little is 11 and Tiny is 4. We are actually talking about planning separate trips and taking them individually but let's not get ahead of ourselves and let's talk this trip first. My wife hasn't been to Disney in many many years, back when her son was Little's age and he is now 32. Lol. I haven't been since Little was 5. So been a few years myself.

The goofy couple.

IMG_20190528_184219_387.jpg

We got married back in May, second marriage for each of us. We almost took a last minute whirlwind honeymoon trip to Disney but elected to go-to Universal for that instead which is why we are talking Disney this time down. I might write up that universal trip somewhere because it was totally last minute and an absolute blast. Ever had breakfast at 10am with a week off ahead of you, a crummy weather forecast, looking at each other like "what are we going to do this week and the kids are at the ex-wife's and in school" Yep that was us. Yes, yes I will write that up somewhere because it's great.

Ok back on topic.

The when.....

June 26 to the morning of June 29 - Rosen-Shingle resort for GCX2020.

Monday morning June 29 WE MOVE TO DISNEY. Lol

June 29th - July 3rd We booked Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room with room requests of top floor and outside corner of the building in hopes of getting 2 windows. 😁 Yes we are only staying until Friday morning as we have the kids all weekend for the 4th and are planning Niagara Falls for them.

4 day tickets with park hopper for sure.

Tentative ADR plans - O'hana, Artist Pointe, Rose and Crown (I want a Scotch egg, mmm so yummy), Cali Grill. Seriously also debating whether to go for it and try and book Victoria and Albert's Chef table. Pricey yes but for just an adults trip might be so fun. These are all subject to change but we are looking forward to have a very fun New Year's day morning when we can sit and start booking all these. We are planning currently just the regular dining plan and are debating upgrading to the deluxe dining. I think that'll depend on when we really dig into where to eat.

Extra things to the plan -

Fireworks Dessert party. Not sure which one yet but one of them.

Maybe the Magic Kingdom food tour, not sure it's exact title. We saw that and thought that might be really cool for us to do. I like to cook a lot and eat a lot. It would be a very fun behind the scenes look at things.

No real plan for park days or what order or anything like that yet. Soon though. We are also debating resort choice. I've stayed at Riverside before and did like it but that was 7 years ago. Lol. I think once we see discounts, if any, we may change to somewhere else. We have talked about Gran Destino tower, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and French Quarter.

So that's that. I'll keep this updated with things as it'll help me in my organization as I haven't planned one in a few years. Can't wait.

Not too much on the trip planning front. Need to book Rosen Shingle resort for our GCX2020 adventure still. Keep waiting for the event to announce the hotel block discounts. Haven't seen them yet. Hopefully soon.

Have been seeing lots of posts about Skipper Canteen in MK. Looking at the menu might have to add it to our list of possible places for dinner.

Also had our Mickey leather luggage tags arrive yesterday. I forgot to snap a photo of them to share but will add the link from ShopDisney for them. We ordered a Mickey and a Minnie one. They are super nice. Nicer than I expected actually.

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...76HRbnmLz9CapKcCXchoCFacQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yay in the mail yesterday got a personalized offer for previous guests. 15% - 30% off depending on where we book. I think we are just going to stay with POR Royal room which I think is only 15% off. Best/Easiest way to apply discount, Call or just cancel via website and rebook?

Oh yes they finally opened the discount hotel block at the Rosen Shingle for the GCX Event. We originally started looking at rooms there for that part of the trip and they were dinging 359 a night. Event hotel block. 159 a night. WOOHOO score. So that is now all booked.

Ok I think we are going to add this into our plans. I think we would totally enjoy this. Thinking it might be a fun Tuesday morning event if its offered.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/taste-magic-kingdom-tour/
I think our plan for touring probably will look something like Monday Epcot/HS Tuesday Magic Kingdom (food tour). Wednesday Animal Kingdom/Epcot dinner Thursday HS morning and MK for dinner fireworks to cap the week off.

Upgraded Magic Bands acquired. Was able to place order this morning for these. YAY!!!!!! Perfect for 4th of July week trip. Awesome fantastic. WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Alrighty then, got a personalized discount code in the mail and was able to apply it for a couple days of our trip at least. Also requested an outside corner room as well when I called in hopes of getting a room with 2 windows. :)

We are getting closer by the day. LOL Next up will probably be excitement on New Year's Day when we can book ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!