Adults ordering kids meals?

archrd

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever had an issue as an adult ordering a meal from the kids menu when paying out of pocket? In particular at The Plaza Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom

I have not. I had bariatric surgery and did a mix of sharing with my son, ordering off the kid menu and ordering appetizers. No one even blinked at any of these. Of course I did pay adult pricing at AYCTE and fixed price options.

I order kid’s meals a lot and haven’t ever had a problem. I’m pretty picky and generally the kid’s meals look better than the adult meals.

Sometimes, I find that the kids meal portion has about as much as I would eat at lunch at home. Often, we've gotten a main course, cheese, grapes, juice, and sometimes another side. It can actually make you full, especially if it's really hot outside.

Has anyone ever had an issue as an adult ordering a meal from the kids menu when paying out of pocket? In particular at The Plaza Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom
You reminded me of a good memory at Pecos Bill's.

I ordered a kids meal, which came with the tube of applesauce. As I looked for a table, I saw a family with lots of kids just starting their meal. I walked over and asked the parents if they wanted the applesauce from my tray. They took it, said thank you, and I found a seat a few tables over.

All through my meal, the family looked at me and smiled, then as they left they all came over to say thank you again. The mom told me they were sharing orders and ended up one applesauce short. I had solved their dilemma. The kids decided I was a fairy princess in disguise (deep disguise, I must say).

The kids didn't care that it was a cheap tube of applesauce I would have thrown away uneaten. They only saw a person who gave them what they needed at that moment.

Magic in the small things.

At table service, the answer is yes & no. Some restaurants will allow it, some don’t. These are some off the top of my head that I can remember
Liberty Tree - yes
Tony’s- no
Tutto italia - no
Beaches & cream - maybe (depends on server)
Via Napoli- no
Yak & Yeti - yes

Thanks so much everyone! I had often wondered this as the adult meals are often way too much food, which means that I am never hungry when it comes to getting a mid day snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter