Adults ordering off childs menu at TS

mickeyway

Mouseketeer
Can adults order off the Child's menu at TS? I tried once over 15 years ago and was told no I could not order off the menu. I don't care for fancy food and I am very child sized so my appetite is small. I enjoy going to the TS restaurants but never finish the adult meal and it is usually something I just settled for and really did not want to eat.

At most places, unless it is all you can eat, a dinner show, or a buffet, yes you can.

Yeah, I've only heard of a few people in recent years who were told no, and even then it was only with the Dining Plan. Guests paying out of pocket seem to have no trouble at all

If you are on the dining plan - that's when it gets sticky ESPECIALLY with restaurants that are run by a 3rd party. it has to do with the way the restaurant is reimbursed. In the case of dining plan, you are more likely to be held to ordering from the menu that matches your ticket. If you are paying OOP, it is less of an issue though the restaurant reserves the right to limit the child's menu to people under a certain age. if you run into an issue, you can always ask if there is a smaller portion option of something on the adult menu. They may or may not be able to accommodate, but it's worth the ask.

What's been stated has been my experience - as long as you are not on the dining plan or at a buffet, you can order from whatever menu you want. Enjoy!

I regularly select from kids menu.

If using a ddp credit-I’ve been offered an adult size kids meal
I’ve also been told a kids meal under ddp will still ‘cost ‘ an adult credit
I’ve also just paid oop for ease.

I believe you can At most places ,my older MIL tends to do this frequently ,At most places
and has never been a problem

I was told no to ordering from the kids menu at BoG on a cash meal. This was before the change to a set charge there. I simply can’t eat a lot of food in the hot summer months when we go. I often split an entree with my daughter.

My DD 17 eats like a bird (and also has very simple tastes) . She ordered off the children's menu at Coral Reef, Prime Time, Sci Fi, Mama Melrose, and Saana this May. She was also allowed an adult sized portion of the children's offering at Artist Pointe (Paid the adult price but she was given a meal she enjoyed). No issues at all. We paid OOP and simply asked.

In my experience the kinder you are to your server the more likely they are to work with you.

My DD 17 eats like a bird (and also has very simple tastes) . She ordered off the children's menu at Coral Reef, Prime Time, Sci Fi, Mama Melrose, and Saana this May. She was also allowed an adult sized portion of the children's offering at Artist Pointe (Paid the adult price but she was given a meal she enjoyed). No issues at all. We paid OOP and simply asked.

In my experience the kinder you are to your server the more likely they are to work with you.

I pay OOP most of the time. I remember ordering the mickey mac and cheese and was told no that is for children. I was very polite and replied, I love mac and cheese and really do not have a big appetite is there a way to still get the mickey mac and cheese. I was again told sorry but no. I ordered an appetizer and that was my dinner, but in honesty I just settled and wasn't really all that happy with it.

This is one reason I love the cruises, I can order what ever I want, no questions asked.

I’ve never found anything on the kids menu that I want. But my husband and I often order a salad or soup and a appetizer for dinner, I’m a bigger eater than he is. We never get the dining plan but do have TIW.

Le Cellier does not allow this. We opted out of it as my wife can't handle a big meal like that and they said no. We were going to be paying cash. Didn't have any issue anywhere else we wanted to do so but we usually did buffet restaurants or family style.

I was told no to ordering from the kids menu at BoG on a cash meal. This was before the change to a set charge there. I simply can’t eat a lot of food in the hot summer months when we go. I often split an entree with my daughter.

We pre-ordered and didn't have a problem.

I do not eat a lot & don’t want to waste so much food, so if there’s something I like, I’ll ask if I can order off of the kid’s menu. We always pay out of pocket and I’ve been told no at quite a few TS restaurants in the parks and at the resorts. I think it depends on the place and the server. Though I only had one server who whispered they weren’t suppose to do it, but he’d sneak it. It was all so hush hush like, I was afraid he’d lose his job for doing it & told him it was ok, I didn’t want him to get in trouble. But he just nodded and he brought the kid’s meal. I felt so guilty, but also appreciative. We left him a large tip.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who's done it successfully. A few people have ordered the food from kids' meals, but adult quantities and thus, prices. That defeats the purpose. I have a small appetite, so I've ordered from the kids' menu at QS a lot. However, if there's anyone who can order kids meals at TS regularly, I'd love to hear it. Usually I go solo, so no ability to share-occassionally I order just appetizers.

We have done this many times but on the rare occasion when this isn't an option or there isn't anything on the kids menu my dd wants she can usually find something from the appetizer selections and order as a meal. Often a soup she can combine with a side salad or we share a side from one of our adult meals . Other times we just order 2 meals for the 3 of us - and adjust the tip accordingly.

Le Cellier does not allow this. We opted out of it as my wife can't handle a big meal like that and they said no. We were going to be paying cash. Didn't have any issue anywhere else we wanted to do so but we usually did buffet restaurants or family style.
We each get a bowl of cheese soup and split a steak at Le Cellier. It's another option instead of ordering off the kids menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter