Advance dining reservations

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
I'm not visiting Hong Kong Disneyland until early March, but I'm in the habit of early meal planning (plus it's fun).
We are there for 2 nights and want to have dinner in Crystal Lotus and Dragon Wind.
How far in advance can you make dining reservations at HKDL? How necessary is it to have a reservation? I would prefer to have the tables booked but it would be good to know how different the situation is from other parks (I'm used to Paris).
Also, am I right in understanding that there are no characters at Dragon Wind in the evenings? My husband has consented to come to HKDL with me but character dining would be a step too far for him! I don't think he'd enjoy it at all. Looking at photos online it looks like characters are at Dragon Wind during breakfast and lunch only.

BUMP - can anyone help? :)

If you're staying in a Disney Hotel, you can book 120 days ahead. If not, I think 45 days. Since you're staying in Explorer's Lodge, I think you can book them for March now (If you already booked the hotel).

I was at HKDL last year Dec. There was no crowd, we just walk in and they can get us a table. But may be Mar has higher crowd than Dec.

Thanks both! It seems you need to call to book which I'm hesitant about doing due to the cost, if it's unnecessary. By all accounts it seems like March will be quiet, so I think in the end I'll take my chances and hope we can get into both the restaurants we want.

I know Crystal Lotus can be full on weekends but back in June, I was able to walk up to Dragon Wind for dinner. It's character dining at places like Enchanted Garden that tend to be fully booked weeks in advance. For dinner, Dragon Wind is table service (not buffet) and does not usually have characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!