Advance reservations for tastings?

DISNEYFAN3260

"My other car is a monorail"
I just became aware that they are now accepting advance reservations for the liquor and champagne tastings. I haven't cruised for about 18 months, so this is new to me and I'm thrilled to hear it! Is this a permanent change, and are you able to book in advance based on your CC status, as with other bookings/ excursions?

I think you can book it as soon as your window opens and your cruise is paid in full, just like BBB or a character meeting, or a shore excursion.

Yes, you can book when your window opens. However, there were a lot more tastings available once on board.
Sounds like the best bet is to book what we're interested in at 120 days out for Platinum, then check as soon as we get on board to see if there are changes or additions we want to make. Appreciate this information! I LOVE this change, but I admit that I feel a bit guilty about it - it seems like just one more thing that first time cruisers and Silver CC members will end up with limited access to? I hope that isn't the case.

Yes, you can book when your window opens. However, there were a lot more tastings available once on board.
Yay! This makes me happy. We booked our next cruise after the PIF date so all the prebooking for tastings were sold out. We were hoping that we would have more options once on board. Thanks for the info!

Almost all were sold out when our window opened so I was really worried about it. But once we went to the bar to check on any additional openings we were shocked at how many there were.

Curious - will you reply with which bar you went to to sign up once on board? I guess the larger one? I don't recall the name. I was able to sign up for one of the tastings for a Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise but it may interfere with something else my wife wants to do, and perhaps we can reschedule. I was surprised that more times weren't offered in the online sign-up.

Thank you -

The place we went was La Piazza, the main bar that the rest seem to be connected to. It was listed in the Navigator to go there on embarkation day. After that you could go to Guest Services. At the bar he pulled out a paper with all the times they had and it was so much more than online. I wish they would show more online, that would have helped for scheduling other things.

The place we went was La Piazza, the main bar that the rest seem to be connected to. It was listed in the Navigator to go there on embarkation day. After that you could go to Guest Services. At the bar he pulled out a paper with all the times they had and it was so much more than online. I wish they would show more online, that would have helped for scheduling other things.
You can access the schedule at La Piazza (or its equivelent on other ships) or Guest Services on any day. Some fill up, others don't. So even half way through your trip you can add another if you want.

One difference between the two sign up locations, when I went to La Piazza they pulled out the whole book and I could "browse" my choices. It was the middle of the afternoon, so the bar was not crowded. I could see all the offerings, the times of day, even the number of slots left.

When I went to Guest Services to sign up, the person behind the counter was helpful, but didn't let me see all my choices, it was more like, Them: "Which class do you want?" Me: "What do you have?" Them <List off a few choices, but not the times or days> ME: "OK, I'll take XYZ." Them: "OK, Wednesday at 2PM OK for you?" Me: "Are there other options?"

etc.

So the take home is that going to La Piazza was MUCH easier than going to Guest Services, but I think the book is only available there during the day.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Nice to know there are some other options. I don't understand why they don't list more on-line.

I'm so glad there will be more! The wine tasting we did on our first cruise was the most educational tasting I've ever experienced. Couldn't wait to share it with our friends and family this trip and when I went to book online they were all already sold out.

I think it's a fairly new change! When we cruised back in September, I wasn't originally allowed to sign up in advance, but closer to the sailings I noticed they had been added online. For our upcoming cruise, they have been available to book from Day 1. I love being able to sign up in advance this time around and see exactly what day/time the various tastings are.

We booked out Merrytime cruise from NYC about 75 days before sailing. Of course all the tastings were sold out. But, as many on here have said, there are openings once on board. When we went to change our dining time, every tasting had openings. Changed to early dining AND got the chocolate/liquor tasting ... a successful day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts