Advanced Dining Reservation window changing from 180 to 60 days prior to arrival

I have been happy with everything they’ve been doing so far but something about this is very heartbreaking. I know a lot of us put in hours of planning and to have it ripped away is hard.

I would wish that anyone who’s ADRs got canceled got priority booking, then resort guests get the +10, the general public. But idk if that will happen and idk if I can wait around to find out. I still have about two weeks for the 60 day mark but my spirits are pretty down about my August trip.

I was reading quick but if I read correctly, it sounds like no dining plans through September 2021? To me, that sounds like they are preparing for long term reduced capacity and closures.

But on the flip side, the 60 day window might be indicative of Disney trying to stay fluid so they can slowly reopen restaurants when they are able to.

I’m also in the same boat as you all, losing my late October ADRs. I don’t mind starting over, nothing was do or die, but I was naively hopeful that *some* of the modifications and cancellations would be over by then.

Currently mourning my October ADR's.....

I'm right there with you. Our October trip was to celebrate our and my sister and her husband's 20th wedding anniversaries. We were so excited to have Cali Grill Brunch. I'm really bummed.

I am not a business person but I know that as the reservation system is evolved those who get reservations to get into the park could have kept adr's. Cancel as numbers are narrowed and as restaurants have exceeded capacity based on dates. This is not as convenient for Disney but not that difficult either. Some consideration should be made for guests rather than making everything all about corporate .

I don’t understand the “heartbreak” here a lot are facing (no offense) I’m in the northeast (NYC) where we are still on lockdown. I fully understand it will probably be about 2 years until things will be back to the way we were here.
Disney is a melting pot of people from not only all over the country, but all over the world. It would be the ideal place for covid to spread rapidly if they aren’t careful. So to think you could postpone your trip by a few months and think you’ll get the same experience you always did, you’ll keep getting disappointed. It’s going to take time.
I’ll tell you heartbreaking; bodies of loved ones piling up outside funeral homes, loved ones dying alone in the hospital because you can’t visit, no celebrations of any kind, social distancing And masks for the foreseeable future, not knowing if these kids are going back to school in September, and if they do, worrying about them getting sick, a second wave, etc!
there are bigger fish to fry here! Look at the big picture and stop wining that your free dining got canceled!!!

Sorry New York is having such a hard time. I agree that posters who lost free dining are not in that league of what a lot of Americans are experiencing. On the other hand disboards is a forum about Disney vacations and some posters plan Disney in order to get through horrific experiences. They just forget bad things for a minute. Prayers your way.

Just because people have it worse off doesn’t mean that others can’t be upset about what they lost. It sucks planning for a vacation (many times hours) and it gets taken away. People shouldn’t be shamed for complaining and being upset that their vacation was changed, cancelled, or not the experience they hoped for.

I don’t understand the “heartbreak” here a lot are facing (no offense) I’m in the northeast (NYC) where we are still on lockdown. I fully understand it will probably be about 2 years until things will be back to the way we were here.
Disney is a melting pot of people from not only all over the country, but all over the world. It would be the ideal place for covid to spread rapidly if they aren’t careful. So to think you could postpone your trip by a few months and think you’ll get the same experience you always did, you’ll keep getting disappointed. It’s going to take time.
I’ll tell you heartbreaking; bodies of loved ones piling up outside funeral homes, loved ones dying alone in the hospital because you can’t visit, no celebrations of any kind, social distancing And masks for the foreseeable future, not knowing if these kids are going back to school in September, and if they do, worrying about them getting sick, a second wave, etc!
there are bigger fish to fry here! Look at the big picture and stop wining that your free dining got canceled!!!
I'm still in lockdown in PA where we have the highest per capita infection rate in the state. I can have empathy for everyone infected by this virus but I'm tired of people telling me that I can't feel sad, angry, upset or disappointed about losing yet another much-anticipated event because there are worse things going on in this world. I'm well aware of that, thank you very much. I'm still entitled to my feelings.

I can log into my account. It still shows my dining plan (deluxe) and all of my reservations are active (just says I can not modify them at this time). I have a trip booked late Oct-early Nov. Staying at Poly. Would like to hear if everyone else can still see theirs, and if not, what plan did you have and where are you staying?

I'm still in lockdown in PA where we have the highest per capita infection rate in the state. I can have empathy for everyone infected by this virus but I'm tired of people telling me that I can't feel sad, angry, upset or disappointed about losing yet another much-anticipated event because there are worse things going on in this world. I'm well aware of that, thank you very much. I'm still entitled to my feelings.
Everyone is 110% entitled to their feelings! That’s not what I am saying. I just don’t understand why people are not putting things in perspective and using common sense. Like did you really think by postponing your trip by 3 months the problem would go away? Did you really think social distancing and reduced occupancy wasn’t going to exist in WDW? Did you really think THEY even knew how long this would take to get back on their feet? Come on now, Just because they allowed reservations to be made past a certain date didn’t guarantee anything. I don’t think they would have offered the free dining either if they knew they would have to take it away. Why would they do that? They are definitely putting safety first but they also need to turn a profit!! Just put it in perspective, that’s all.

Everyone is 110% entitled to their feelings! That’s not what I am saying. I just don’t understand why people are not putting things in perspective and using common sense. Like did you really think by postponing your trip by 3 months the problem would go away? Did you really think social distancing and reduced occupancy wasn’t going to exist in WDW? Did you really think THEY even knew how long this would take to get back on their feet? Come on now, Just because they allowed reservations to be made past a certain date didn’t guarantee anything. I don’t think they would have offered the free dining either if they knew they would have to take it away. Why would they do that? They are definitely putting safety first but they also need to turn a profit!! Just put it in perspective, that’s all.

So you're just here to argue, lecture, and act like you're smarter than everyone else.

Sorry to everyone who has put a lot of time and effort into planning their vacation only to have it canceled or significantly altered to the point it isn't worth going. I know Disney is a once-in-a-lifetime thing for a lot of people. And for many others, it's tradition, and others it was supposed to be a welcome escape from everything else. I hope you all get another opportunity to come enjoy the full experience.

Currently mourning my October ADR's.....
So, got the email for our Nov trip, but our ADR's are still in MDE. I just checked.
I can log into my account. It still shows my dining plan (deluxe) and all of my reservations are active (just says I can not modify them at this time). I have a trip booked late Oct-early Nov. Staying at Poly. Would like to hear if everyone else can still see theirs, and if not, what plan did you have and where are you staying?

Yep, MDE and on the website, my mid-October plans look the same. Now, it could be that they are cancelling week by week, getting those July reservations out first so then people can try to re-book. But maybe they're waiting and seeing how things develop in the world, their state and in park operations before they cancel.
Yes, I am currently planning to re-book my ADRs* in August at the 60-day mark, but I won't mourn until they disappear from the system.

*In fact, as a character-meal family, I'm thinking I will be booking some different meals to adapt to new circumstances, so if Disney doesn't cancel on me, I will, to switch.

Is this kind of what Disney is going to be for the next few months at least?

- No guarantee you can get into a park each day of your trip
- No guarantee you can eat at a sit down restaurant
- No guarantee you can ride anywhere near the number of rides we are used to
- No shows, fireworks, character events

This to me sounds more like a day at the local amusement park but with Disney prices. It would be fine for 1 day, maybe 2. Does not sound appealing to go for 7-10 days. Quick service food for a week?

So now my Fast pass window is now my dining window... So what is my fast pass window? dont have one?

Is this kind of what Disney is going to be for the next few months at least?

- No guarantee you can get into a park each day of your trip
- No guarantee you can eat at a sit down restaurant
- No guarantee you can ride anywhere near the number of rides we are used to
- No shows, fireworks, character events

This to me sounds more like a day at the local amusement park but with Disney prices. It would be fine for 1 day, maybe 2. Does not sound appealing to go for 7-10 days. Quick service food for a week?
Not my kind of Disney vacation,, If it does not change by Dec (my trip) i'm canceling...

My dining plan and the ADR's for Thanksgiving week are still there for now. There is a message I cannot modify, but I can cancel. I would enjoy if there is no need for adr's or fp's. I was able to experience Galaxy's Edge at DL with a reservation, and there was smaller crowds and low waits. It was great!

I think I am actually going to enjoy this trip if everyone else wants to cancel. It will be a different experience that's for sure. But, with lower crowds, no fastpasses and possibly having to be spontaneous with dining this could be fun. Also think about this...... If you have ever wanted to go to the least crowded park now you will know which one. It will be the park that still has reservations open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!