Advent Calendars? - Disney or otherwise

amw

need a new tag
So I know it’s early, but ...

My DDs are older now (17&19), and I like to give fun advent calendars to bring some child-like joy to the season. Unfortunately, advent calendars are not as common in Canada. Last year I had to special order a Primark UK Disney ornament calendar through eBay. Rather avoid that cost again. :rolleyes1 I’m looking for specialty (non-chocolate) calendars for girls available locally. I’m in GTA.

So far I’ve seen
- funko pop Harry Potter and Marvel sets at Hot Topic and EB Games.
- Star Wars and Harry Potter LEGO ones (at indigo, some lego ones at Costco)

I heard that Sephora and Lush will do ones? I have a bath-bomb loving teen. Last year Disney Store had a sock one.

Anyways, I know stores only carry small amounts. If anyone sees Disney/beauty calendars starting to appear, maybe we can post her? Wish we had a Primark! :rolleyes:

Just popping in here to say that my BF gifted me the Funko Harry Potter one last year and, even as an adult, I loved it! I've never had an advent calendar before so it was really fun to open up a new one each day and see which character was inside. I display them on my desk at work throughout the year now.

Just popping in here to say that my BF gifted me the Funko Harry Potter one last year and, even as an adult, I loved it! I've never had an advent calendar before so it was really fun to open up a new one each day and see which character was inside. I display them on my desk at work throughout the year now.

My DD19 had this last year. This years is the Yuletide ball - so new ones. I think I’ll get it for her again. But I need one for my other DD. Plus, since my eldest is away at university, I thought I would get her a second beauty one as a Christmas gift to pamper herself come those cold January days.

Clinique also does an advent calendar, it sells out fast on Clinique.ca.

My Costco already has the Lego Friends and Lego City advent calendars. I *think* it’s the City one, didn’t pay close attention since my youngest is no longer into Lego anymore😢. Mastermindtoys and Indigo also sell the Lego advent calendars, including the Lego Star Wars one which I saw in store recently.

My mom gave me a travel one last year though I got it at Christmas so missed out on opening things daily. She got it on well.ca but I don't see it on there now. they do have the playmobil and lego choices already. And a few others.

Beware the Sephora Advent calendar!!!! I watch a lot of beauty channels on YouTube and last year the Sephora one was roundly panned as it contained very few actual beauty items and many junky items (5 tiny sponge brushes like you'd fine in an old school eye shadow pallet was one day for instance)

Beware the Sephora Advent calendar!!!! I watch a lot of beauty channels on YouTube and last year the Sephora one was roundly panned as it contained very few actual beauty items and many junky items (5 tiny sponge brushes like you'd fine in an old school eye shadow pallet was one day for instance)
Good to know! Thanks for the review — very helpful at that price point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!