Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit Round 2 Try it again?

I forgot to update our plans Just before Father's Day our TA contacted Lucille wanting to know if we still wanted to come for Christmas this year. She jumped on it and that was my Father's Day birthday and Christmas present from the Savage Sisters all rolled into one. So we now roll in on 22 Dec
Hi Mike! We will be there for New Years so looking forward to catching up again.
Ali

Amcc was planning to PM you over the weekend Was hoping you would be coming down Okay up for you . Your son going to defend his title at the beach party this year

I'm checking in tomorrow (August 1st) and checking out Saturday (August 3rd) in a Premier loop spot. Is the firepit available those days and if so, is it on site where I can arrange to come pick it up tomorrow?

I'm checking in tomorrow (August 1st) and checking out Saturday (August 3rd) in a Premier loop spot. Is the firepit available those days and if so, is it on site where I can arrange to come pick it up tomorrow?
The FP is with me in Tampa, unfortunately there is no way for me to get it to you before you check out.

I get in Sunday. Can you deliver it?

Sorry, I can’t. We are moving my son to WI and that’s the day we pick up the U-Haul and pack up. If someone is heading from the Tampa area to FW and is willing to bring it over, I’ll gladly hand it off.

I'm still good from Sept 7-15 right? As I'm travelling from out of town - is there some way some one can hold it for me or deliver it to the fort?

i will do my best to get the TFP back to FW, but I can only do so when my free time coincides with a DIS member, who wants the TFP, will be there to take it. I started a new thread looking for someone who can transport it but haven’t had any takers as of yet.

The only reason I have it is we did not have enough members wanting to use it during the hot summer months. If I hadn’t brought it home with me after my last trip, we might have lost it as there was no one there at the time who wanted it.

It’s not just a quick trip over from where I live to drop it off. It’s easily 3-4 hours round trip on I-4, depending on traffic and accidents on the road.

Hopefully the TFP will be back in the rotation soon and we can fill the gaps so it isn’t lost to all of us.

Last edited:
So, I've been thinking about the best way to get the TFP back into the rotation and thought I would put it out here for the group to decide. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, etc...

If anyone can get the TFP to FW at any time before I can, please let me know and we can make arrangements to meet and pass it off.

The absolute soonest I can reasonably make a trip to FW would be 8/24 but himandher818 check out the next day, so they wouldn't really get to use it and they would have to find someone willing to hold it until 9/7 when CinderellaGirl2280 gets in.

I can bring it over on 9/8 for CinderellaGirl2280 but I don't know what their plans are for that day and would hate to interfere with their park time. Also, I don't know if security would let me in just to drop off the TFP. But then CinderellaGirl2280 would have to find someone to keep the TFP until 10/6.

We then have another gap from 10/10-10/25 which would require finding someone to hold it for Christine Raynor.

Another option would be to bring it over on 10/26 or 10/27 and pass it to Christine Raynor. There aren't many gaps after that point and I'm sure the small gaps there are will get filled in.

My final option would be to bring it over on 11/8 or 11/9, we are hoping to camp that weekend (already have reservations) but would not use the TFP.

🔥🏕:tink::scratchin

If it helps any, we arrive 9/3 and could take it until Cinderellagirl2280 wants it (9/8 or a day or two later would be fine -We’re there until 9/14.)

If it helps any, we arrive 9/3 and could take it until Cinderellagirl2280 wants it (9/8 or a day or two later would be fine -We’re there until 9/14.)
Let us know what works best for you. We just hold it most of the time for next people. We can meet out front or some place. We will make sure it is held for the day gap after us.

Awesome! We’re excited! What’s the easiest way to coordinate as the day comes? We could come to your site or meet - it’s all good with us!

The absolute soonest I can reasonably make a trip to FW would be 8/24 but himandher818 check out the next day, so they wouldn't really get to use it and they would have to find someone willing to hold it until 9/7 when CinderellaGirl2280 gets in.

Don't worry about us. The only reason I put my name on the list was to hold it and provide a few more days buffer for someone else to pick it up.

So, I've been thinking about the best way to get the TFP back into the rotation and thought I would put it out here for the group to decide. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, etc...

If anyone can get the TFP to FW at any time before I can, please let me know and we can make arrangements to meet and pass it off.

I can bring it over on 9/8 for CinderellaGirl2280 but I don't know what their plans are for that day and would hate to interfere with their park time. Also, I don't know if security would let me in just to drop off the TFP. But then CinderellaGirl2280 would have to find someone to keep the TFP until 10/6.

We then have another gap from 10/10-10/25 which would require finding someone to hold it for Christine Raynor.

Another option would be to bring it over on 10/26 or 10/27 and pass it to Christine Raynor. There aren't many gaps after that point and I'm sure the small gaps there are will get filled in.

My final option would be to bring it over on 11/8 or 11/9, we are hoping to camp that weekend (already have reservations) but would not use the TFP.

🔥🏕:tink::scratchin

Thank you himandher818 for your understanding.

And thank you Christine raynor.

I was hoping to see responses from CinderellaGirl2280, YellowGolden and/or Ashmonky as they will be the next ones impacted by the TFP not being at FW. To be honest, everyone who has had the TFP during the summer said they either didn't use it at all, or used it once just to be able to say they used it.

@kcp1377, I can't get it there on 9/3. I work Monday-Friday, so can only come on a weekend day.

It's looking more and more like it will be 10/26-10/27 or 11/8 (which would impact SJM9911) before the TFP will be back to FW , unless someone else can come pick it up from me before then.

I'm really sorry to the folks who signed up for the TFP but have not had it, all I can say is that I had to make a decision to take it home with me or have it get lost to our whole group.

Thank you himandher818 for your understanding.

And thank you Christine raynor.

I was hoping to see responses from CinderellaGirl2280, YellowGolden and/or Ashmonky as they will be the next ones impacted by the TFP not being at FW. To be honest, everyone who has had the TFP during the summer said they either didn't use it at all, or used it once just to be able to say they used it.

@kcp1377, I can't get it there on 9/3. I work Monday-Friday, so can only come on a weekend day.

It's looking more and more like it will be 10/26-10/27 or 11/8 (which would impact SJM9911) before the TFP will be back to FW , unless someone else can come pick it up from me before then.

I'm really sorry to the folks who signed up for the TFP but have not had it, all I can say is that I had to make a decision to take it home with me or have it get lost to our whole group.
Unless someone is willing to come get the FP, you can plan 10/26, 10/27, or 11/8, what ever is easy for you. All us beggars should just thank you for saving it from being lost forever.

Unless someone is willing to come get the FP, you can plan 10/26, 10/27, or 11/8, what ever is easy for you. All us beggars should just thank you for saving it from being lost forever.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

To be honest, 11/8 works best for me, but I wouldn’t mind sneaking in a day trip on 10/26 or 10/27 to see all of the Halloween decorations. I’ll let you know once it gets closer to your arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter