Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit Round 2 Try it again?

I checked back through the thread. it still looks like it needs a home after @serenitygr leaves on Nov 11. I saw someone is coming in Nov 16. @Boomer1 i know you are at the fort in nov and for sometime, are you able to be care taker for a bit? i know you hosted TFP#1. We will be down Nov 24 and will host if there is not already another caretaker.

we are arriving on Nov 16th. Would be glad to give it a home until you arrive. Don't know what loop yet. As soon as we have our loop#, will post.

Just did a quick look over in the Nov. PTR/TR thread and it looks like a few of us will be at Ft W before and beyond Serenitygr and her family gave a hint the TFP will need a loving Foster care after her departure

Just a quick bump since it’s late and tomorrow is a busy and early day here...
The traveling firepit is returning!! We are hoping to meet her tomorrow night around midnight, and are very happy to help her get back to the Fort!

We’ll be there October 27 until November 11th- is there a family who would like to temporarily adopt her at the end of our stay?
We arrive on November 11th!!

Okay going in order through the thread, I am seeing for November/December:

1. SerenityGR 10/27 -11/11 (YAY for bringing it down!!)
2. SheBoz 11/11 - 11/17
3. FriendOfEeyore 11/16 - 12/6
4. DMM 12/6 -12/10
5. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A GAP HERE
6. GuruSue 12/22 - 12/31
7. ANOTHER GAP HERE
8. Eyeeore 1/7 - 3/7
9. RidesWithChrist 3/3 - 3/10
10. ANOTHER GAP HERE
11. TeamBradfield 3/18 - 3/28

People with overlapping stays:
SharlanFL: 12/2 - 12/6
DennaPerry: 11/17 - 11/21

It looks like we need someone from 12/9 or 12/10 - 12/22

This is really helpful! One issue we may have is we may have to check out before SheBoz gets there on the 11th- we have to be back to Minnesota Tuesday night so we’ll be checking out by 10/11am the 11th. We’ll have to figure that out: if someone else can babysit we can transfer her early if necessary. :)

This is really helpful! One issue we may have is we may have to check out before SheBoz gets there on the 11th- we have to be back to Minnesota Tuesday night so we’ll be checking out by 10/11am the 11th. We’ll have to figure that out: if someone else can babysit we can transfer her early if necessary. :)

That was my thought for check-out day too! I am hoping someone comes in the night before we check out and I can just pass it off a day early! LOL

Oops meant to quote this serenitygr

QUOTE="serenitygr, post: 59892376, member: 394794"]This is really helpful! One issue we may have is we may have to check out before SheBoz gets there on the 11th- we have to be back to Minnesota Tuesday night so we’ll be checking out by 10/11am the 11th. We’ll have to figure that out: if someone else can babysit we can transfer her early if necessary. :)[/QUOTE]

We will be there November 4 Through 15 but will not use . You can leave it with us to babysit November 10 Or 11 or whenever you want to drop it off so it can be picked up on our site on November 11th.
That is perfect! Let us know when you get here what site you have and we’ll plan a meetup and transfer! She has a beautiful travel bag so we’ll put her safely back in there before you take her- then she’ll be ready for @sheboz to take her :)

We will be there Dec. 28 - Jan 3 so can take care of it during the early days of January. Last year, we were there at the same time and it was so cold the forecast was saying possible snow. We are from South Florida, aren’t too good judging how cold things will be, and had very little cold weather gear. My sister, niece, and I would sit in the group bathroom and hang out because it was warm in there. We could have so used a fire pit!!!! Hopefully, this year will be nice and warm and we will use it for s’mores and not to dethaw :thumbsup2

From the looks of it, I think we have 2 gaps still to fill!!! On FTWMike's dates, I altered them where we needed him, but on the other overlapping dates, I left them for those people to figure out on their own when to trade off!

@friendofeeyore I should be arriving at the FORT around 8 a.m. but I am flexible if you need me there at a certain time to pick up the pit from you. We are coming in from St. Augustine and are staying at a hotel there, so there is nothing to pack up and we plan on taking off early so that we can eat breakfast on the road!

Okay going in order through the thread, I am seeing for November/December:

1. SerenityGR 10/27 -11/11 (YAY for bringing it down!!)
2. SheBoz 11/11 - 11/17 (Pick up from FortWildernessCamper)
3. FriendOfEeyore 11/16 - 12/6
4. DMM 12/6 -12/10
5. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A GAP HERE
6. GuruSue 12/22 - 12/31
7. AMCC 12/28 - 1/3
8. FTW Mike 1/3 - 1/7
9. Eyeeore 1/7 - 3/7
10. RidesWithChrist 3/3 - 3/10
11. ANOTHER GAP HERE
12. TeamBradfield 3/18 - 3/28

People with overlapping stays:
SharlanFL: 12/2 - 12/6
DennaPerry: 11/17 - 11/21

We need someone from 12/9 or 12/10 - 12/22 & 3/10 - 3/18

Last edited:
This is my post from early September, but I could pass the firepit along on December 8th or 9th if someone was coming in then. We leave early on the 10th to check in to the Grand and I am trying to not have to do anything on the 10th! LOL

Hi. Hopefully we can work something out. I only would like it one day. I would be willing to pick it from your site and return it the next day. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter