Adventures Solo?

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
Does anyone think this would be a cool thing to do solo? I was looking through the 06/07 inteneraries, and the tree that looked most interesting were; London and Paris, Ireland, and the Italy one, Viva Italia.

Hi there,

While I did not travel alone, I can say that anyone that did would have been a part of the bigger travel group. Our travel companions quickly became a large group of friends enjpying each others company.

It's my belief that you would only be alone if you chose to be alone. Otherwise, you surely would have been invited on all of our "on your own" outtings. Our group always traveled together.

Kevin

They do look like a lot of fun, and I don't mind being solo. Maybe I should start seriously considering one of these for a 2010 trip.

I know of some who took the ABD trips alone and didn't have any problems at all except worrying about it before hand! You can pretty well 'pick out' being alone or with the group. It is also easy to just hang out with one or two other families or singles.

I took the London/Paris trip alone. I was a bit worried in advance, but found that as soon as I arrived, everyone was very welcoming and all the travelers in my group became like one big family. The only time I was really on my own was during my free time, when my particular interests didn't quite match with anyone elses. But, the local city guides gave me all the information I needed for how to get to my destinations (plus, I'd researched everything in advance), so all went smoothly. I spent all but one dinner of my free time dining with fellow AbD travelers and was always welcome to join others whenever I wished. We had a great time together. I was very pleased, throughout the trip, with the feeling of comraderie among all the travelers. I never felt isolated or outside the group. I highly recommend AbD for single travelers - you can fully enjoy the trip and it's great fun to get to know your fellow adventurers!

I went on an Adventures By Disney Vacation as a solo.
I had a great time.
The Adventure Guides make everyone feel special and welcome.
I had wonderful meals with fellow Adventurers. When I expressed that I did not want to infringe on their private time, they said that it is more fun with more people. I had the best of both worlds, the comraderie of fellow Adventurers and the freedom of solo travel.

Thanks for the feedback on doing ABD as a solo. They appear to be very well put together. One question, how does Disney charge for being a single?

If you look on Abd sites ,they charge a single supplement. It is not a new thing as i remember traveling solo with other tour companies and there was
a supplement to. Depends on the season you are traveling and the tour with
ABD i think.Maybe others can add more. But i actually saved some by booking early.

As a solo traveler (Not ABD, as of yet), I would have to say one of the major benefits would be safety. You would have the benefit of traveling with a large group, but then the advantage of going solo.

I agree that traveling with a group is a good factor when traveling solo on a
tour. I been on several group tours in the past and also traveled just by myself. This summer i went to Sweden to attend a magic convention in Stockholm and also went to Disney.

disneytraveler said:
I agree that traveling with a group is a good factor when traveling solo on a
tour. I been on several group tours in the past and also traveled just by myself. This summer i went to Sweden to attend a magic convention in Stockholm and also went to Disney.

Hey DisneyTraveller ... Congrats on your 1000th post!

These look great...although I will say that in my opinion the single supplement is HUGE.

A good thing or not, hopefully, I'll be able to do it next year. So far looking at the Philadelphia-Washington, D.C.-Williamsburg adventure, as I've never been to any of those places.

Anyway, except for one trip to New England with my sister and a college trip to Europe, I've always traveled solo. And for the most part, it has worked out to my satisfaction. I can't see ABD being any different.

altho i did not travel alone on the abd tour, i would not hesitate to do so. if your flight goes straite to the meeting location, you will not need to worry. the tour guides meet you at the airport and also escourt you back to the airport. everyone enjoys the tour together.

it is amazing that you can get a group of people from different parts of the world together and they will have a great time together. you would not really be alone. :goodvibes

It better be, as I'm booked on the "Spirit of America" in June and am traveling solo.

But, then I've traveled solo with Brendan, Brennan, Globus, Tauck and never had a totally bad trip yet.

And there has always been a single supplement. Though, in the latest brochures from Tauck, on certain select dates, on certain select trips, they offer a special rate for people traveling solo.

I did the Southwest Splendors trip solo. I also chose one of the adults only weeks which, if you don't have kids, I would strongly recommend. We had a tour group of 17 people and I was the only single in the group. When I arrived at the airport and met some of my travelmates, I was asked initially if I was travelling alone. I replied 'No, I'm travelling with my 16 new friends'. As long as you go into it with an open attitude, you will do great. I'm very glad I did it and will definitely do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts