Adventurous April Exercise Challenge

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
"Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers, the eerie sounds of the jungle, with eyes that are always watching. This is Adventureland."
-- Walt Disney

Welcome to the Adventurous April Exercise Challenge! It's a great time of year for putting in some active minutes. If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team!

This is how it works:

You choose a time goal (as much or as little as you want), and then you post minutes toward that goal as you exercise. (You can post every day, or just whenever you can.)
All sorts of movement counts! You can set a monthly goal that means something to you, or calculate your goal based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since April has 30 days, here are some popular conversions:

10 minutes/day = 300
15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

This month we will travel to the various Disney Adventurelands around the world, in the order the parks opened:

Disneyland Blue 10%
Magic Kingdom Orange 25%
Tokyo Disneyland Purple 50%
Disneyland Paris Pink 75%
Hong Kong Disneyland Red 90%
Shanghai Disneyland Green 100%

And in the spirit of this month's challenge, I invite all team members to be adventurous with their minutes and try something new in April--maybe a new walking or running route, a new exercise class or DVD, a new machine at the gym, a new sport or activity, a new exercise app, or a new race or event. Be sure to let the team know what adventure you've chosen for yourself!

The challenge officially starts on April 1, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list.

Grab your pith helmets and let's go!

Team Members:

BumbleB - 1271/950
courtneybeth - 2250/3000
Dentam - 1425/1100
DVCFan1994
- 1815/1750
dylans mommy - 326/1500
galaxygirl76 - 1260/1250
GrandAdmiralStrife - 2678/3000
HappyGrape - 2044/1800
kathleen27
- 932/900
LizardQueen8
- 1280/1100
MaleficentEvilSister - 1835/3000
MochaDrinker - 300
PollyannaMom - 675/600
PoohBelle - 376/600
Saphire5742 - 1229/1200
SarahDisney
- 1718/1700
sophy1996
- 1315/1200
swissfamilyrobinson - 331/900
Tasha228
- 247/700

Team Total: 23,007/26,550 = 86.7%

Last edited:

1020 please
first two weeks 30 minutes walking a day
second two weeks 30 minutes walks 5 days a week as minimum + 2 days of 60 minutes lifting
Frist month and I think this is balance between realistic goal but challenging enough

Thank for setting up the challenge

Great theme Sophy!
I was thinking about this on my way home from the market today.
I'm in for 1200 min without counting any minutes spent walking to or from work.
It'll be great practice for all the walking I'll be doing during my May Disney trip.

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to April! :yay:

To kick us off, here's a classic image of Walt himself at the entrance to Adventureland:

tumblr_n8e3myZLxQ1s2wio8o1_500.jpg

And just in case folks didn't see this on the first post, I'll repeat:

In the spirit of this month's challenge, I invite all team members to be adventurous with their minutes and try something new in April--maybe a new walking or running route, a new exercise class or DVD, a new machine at the gym, a new sport or activity, a new exercise app, or a new race or event. Be sure to let the team know what adventure you've chosen for yourself!

We have some people with ambitious goals this month! Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!