Advice and pics of your canopy...

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Ok..so now that we have our trailer,we noticed if there is more than 4-5 adults the space under the awning can be a bit tight. After looking at all the fun pictures of everyone's campsites, I got the idea of an easy-up or canopy. Maybe one with mosquito netting type walls or partial walls...we'll need space for a couple chairs,table, maybe a chaise lounge ...what do y'all think?..advice?

Absolutely, we have 3 different canopies. We have one with the net sides but have yet had to use the sides. We usually take 2 and zip tie 4 legs together.

I have a separate screen room/tent. Keeps out the mosquitoes, all of whom love me.

It just takes a few minutes to set up and I can get a four foot table and three chairs comfortably in it.

our canopy on our TT is pretty long (I want to say it's around 15 feet long) but we still have a 10x10 ez-up that I bring. Have not really had to use it though since it's now (typically) just me, DW and DD13.

As for the mosquitos, Maybe it's us, maybe it's the time of year we go, but, for us, it's never been that much of an issue, so I don't worry about the Netting.

Lastly they do make things to Make your Awning more into a "Room". Although it doesn't do much for space, it does help with flying critters.

We carry a 10x10 and a 10x12 canopy with us, although we have only put them up a few times.

We carry a 10x10 and a 10x12 canopy with us, although we have only put them up a few times.

This is why we haven't gotten one - simply not sure we would use it. Every year I consider getting one - but then every time I start questioning how often I'd actually use it. I've never sat in our campsite saying, 'Boy, I wish I had a canopy right now.' So, we've never pulled the trigger. Maybe I should give it a try - perhaps it would surprise us.

We bring ours every time but rarely use it. Still though on those few occasions I have used it, it's been worthwhile. We also got ours on sale so it wasn't that expensive. I think I paid about $50 for ours. We have, however used it for many other NON-Camping occasions.

This is why we haven't gotten one - simply not sure we would use it. Every year I consider getting one - but then every time I start questioning how often I'd actually use it. I've never sat in our campsite saying, 'Boy, I wish I had a canopy right now.' So, we've never pulled the trigger. Maybe I should give it a try - perhaps it would surprise us.

We may use them a bit more with this fifth wheel as the awning is kind of worthless, the dinette slide takes a big chunk out of it. So it is possible they may see more use, but if it is windy, storming, etc. You have to bring it in or take the cover off, for a 3 day 2 night camping trip for us, it is usually not worth it.

I have a 12x12 that I got from Gander before they went out of business. It is easy enough for me to set up by myself, although it is easier with 2 people. I can use it as just a canopy but it also has removable mesh netting and 3 solid walls that we can put up independently or over the mesh. (sorry I don't have pics with the walls or mesh). I have never needed to use the mesh or walls at the Fort, never been bothered by any flying bugs.

I have a 12x12 that I got from Gander before they went out of business. It is easy enough for me to set up by myself, although it is easier with 2 people. I can use it as just a canopy but it also has removable mesh netting and 3 solid walls that we can put up independently or over the mesh. (sorry I don't have pics with the walls or mesh). I have never needed to use the mesh or walls at the Fort, never been bothered by any flying bugs.
This is the type I'm thinking about getting...

This is the type I'm thinking about getting

We really like it. It is easy to set up, the frame is one piece, I can set it up myself, but DD likes to help. Two people take hold of an opposite corner and pull until the roof supports popup, through the top on and then adjust the legs. The screen has clips on it that attaches under the canopy part, and the walls attach the same way, either over the screen or without.

It is big enough for the picnic table to fit under, along with a 3x6 folding table that I use for the cook stove and dishes, with plenty of room to be under without getting wet if raining.

We have two 10 x 10 and use both. We bring our golf cart in an enclosed 12 foot trailer. One e-z up goes near the front for the golf cart (electrical plug in and garage in case of rain). The other goes by the door of the trailer (always leave it attached to motor-home) and covers the picnic table along with our grills, etc.. One thing you may want to consider is they come either with legs straight up and down or splayed at the bottom. If you anticipate two side by side the straight ones would be best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter