Advice--best viewing spot for HEA and then maximizing park time following

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
We would like to see HEA, and sadly it appears the MK will be closing at 10pm every night of our visit. I'd like to maximize the park time--and avoid the madhouse of everyone leaving right at 10. Advice, recommendations, etc...very appreciated.

I was considering watching HEA (best location that will then get me back into the rides), then trying to head straight back in and ride as late as we can--possibly even waiting in a longer que so hopefully we are walking out about 10:30ish and avoiding some of the insanity of the 10 close traffic. Ride (or other) suggestions?

I find myself checking daily to see if MK will be open later....they are open until 11pm for like 3 days right before we check in (ugh!)--so far no luck.

We just went Tuesday night and HEA was at 9:00 so it was over by 9:20 and the park closed at 10:00. We got a spot that was in front of the grassy area near Casey's next to a railing and it was a great spot! Robo has an awesome map of where to go for HEA. It's one of the sticky threads at the top of the page. Use that for reference.

If you want to ride rides immediately following the show then maybe find a spot near the entrance of the land you want to go to. Hope that makes sense! My family loved the show!!

Hi! You didn't say when you are traveling or for how long, so it is possible hours will still be updated. Also, are you only going for a couple of days as you do not mention any evening EMH?

Hi! You didn't say when you are traveling or for how long, so it is possible hours will still be updated. Also, are you only going for a couple of days as you do not mention any evening EMH?
We will be there a week, and check in last part of July. I am SO hoping they update the hours. It has MK open until 11 several nights BEFORE we get there, lol. Yes, we certainly plan to be in for EMH...but I hear they are also a madhouse due to the lower hours and weather!

We were just there for the show last Tuesday. There is a space in the hub street that is at the highest point. From that high point, the street slants down towards the castle, so if you stand anywhere along that high point, you have a pretty good up close view of the castle with no heads in your way. This is where we stood for the show (just off to the right to avoid the crowds moving thru the street).

From that position, you can take the route near Tomorrowland Terrace to avoid much of the crowds and will get you back towards the exit quicker than most. Or, you can go ride some rides until park close. I was surprised how long it took the crowds to clear out after HEA. Lots of people!

MK had one evening EMH the week we were there. ONE. :sad2:

The right of the castle was the best spot for us. I would make sure I was up against a rail. The show is awesome! We were there in June and July and they did not have late hours. We got our spot about 7:45 to get the best view. That does eat up some of your time. I was also disappointed with the hours for the parks. It doesn't seem like that long ago that the parks were open as late as 3 am. Sadly those days are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!