Advice for glasses wearers.

Cone-Of-Shame

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if anyone had any information for people that wear glasses and if it's restricted them on certain rides, especially in the water parks. I would love to do some rides in the water parks but probably wouldn't be able to without my glasses on as I wouldn't be able to see to get around!

So if anyone has had any experience with this, I would love to hear from you.

Get a set of Croakies eyewear retainers. They work great at keeping glasses on for rides and water parks. Also, I wear my prescription sunglasses on rides as it won't be as dire if I lose them (plus I look cooler in ride photos).

I don't know about water parks, but at the theme parks, my son always took his glasses off and put them in hip pack.

He was told that it was a good idea by Cast Members, several times.

Next trip he is getting strap. His eyes have gotten bad enough that he won't be able to see anything on the ride if he doesn't have his glasses.

Get a set of Croakies eyewear retainers. They work great at keeping glasses on for rides and water parks. Also, I wear my prescription sunglasses on rides as it won't be as dire if I lose them (plus I look cooler in ride photos).
Yes !

That is what he is wearing. I just couldn't remember what they were called.

For waterparks I actually have a cheap pair of prescription goggles. You can get them online for like 25 bucks. I've been allowed to wear them so far on everything but I haven't tried the big drop slide.

At the other parks I either take them off and hold them or I wear glasses holders if the coaster goes upside down (so only Rock n roller) All other coasters I've never had an issue. I always always always pack a back up pair though just in case.

My grandson wore his rec specs which had transition lenses without any issues.

I always wear my prescription glasses or sunglasses. I have not had any restrictions on any rides at any parks, Disney or Universal, except Volcano Bay at Universal. I would suggest getting a strap for Rock n Roller Coaster though. My glasses tend to hit the shoulder harness and always feel like they are going to come off to the point that I either hold them the entire time or grab them once they start to fall off. Next time I am using the darn strap. I can't see didley without my glasses, so it's not much fun to not wear them.

I'm so glad this thread came up. I didn't even think about wearing glasses on some of these rides.

My DH used to wear glasses, and had strap he bought at water country that kept them on for slides.

I always wear my glasses or rx sunglasses on rides, I can't see without them. The only ride I've ever had a problem on is Primeval Whirl. I haven't done RnR, though.

I've ridden RnR with my glasses secured by Croakies. It works out great. And my Croakies are tie-dye rainbow colors, so they are super-duper stylish.

I bought a strap for my glasses. They were hugely expensive even with insurance, and I'd not be able to read a thing without them.

I put a strap on my glasses. But on one of the big drop water slides I had to take them off and hold onto them.

The only ride I remove my glasses for is Rock n Roller Coaster ...and I probably wouldn't need to. There's no other ride that I feel remotely threatens the loss of my eyewear.

The only ride I remove my glasses for is Rock n Roller Coaster ...and I probably wouldn't need to. There's no other ride that I feel remotely threatens the loss of my eyewear.

I feel uncertain on Space Mountain, even with a strap holding my glasses on. I usually take them off, as you are not seeing much on that one anyway.

I've always worn glasses and have never had any trouble with them at all on Splash and Space Mountain, PotC, BTMR, EE...

BUT I'll be in WDW in two weeks where I intend to ride RnR for the first time, so I'm glad I saw these suggestions!

I've always worn prescription sunglasses and never had an issue until Typhoon Lagoon. I got crushed by a huge wave and my sunglasses went flying up in the air. Someone grabbed them for me and saved the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter