Advice for HHN and other parks/Halloween events

jelly-beans

Mouseketeer
I know there are lots of threads on this topic and I certainly appreciate all the posts and information given. It is astounding how much information this board provides. Cheers to DIS and all the moderators!!!

I will be at HRH 10/23 thru 10/30. I loved Universal Studios and IOA my first visit ever back in April so I plan on spending a lot of time at both parks. I also have HHN tickets for 10/25, 10/26 and 10/28. My plan includes going to Busch Gardens (never been) 10/27 and stay for Howl O' Scream. Does anyone think that three nights at HHN is too much?

We also plan to go to Seaworld at least one day (never been). Is it conceivable to go to SW, return to HRH and attend HHN the same night or is that too ambitious? We love the parks but we hate rushing anything. It is just the two of us in our early 30's.

Finally, should I even consider SW (I believe 10/28) or WDW (I believe 10/27 at MK) Halloween specials? I think these are targetted for children so I gave them no consideration when planning this trip.

Really finally, I know this is OT but has anyone gone to Skull Kingdom? It is located on American Way in Orlando. If so is it worth a visit?

Thanks in advance for any replies and advice.

jb

I went to Skull Kingdom in January. It was pretty good. The only problem I saw with it was that they didn't let you just go through the whole thing at once--the kept stopping you in rooms to tell you another part of the "story". The maze was very long, though, which was good, and there wasn't a big group of people (but since it's now Halloween season, I don't know how it will be). I think they have a $2 off coupon on their website you can print out. If you are really into mazes and stuff, it's worth checking out.

I will be at Universal/IOA and HHN on the 25th (maybe I will see you there! Look for me--I will be wearing a Knott's Scary Farm t-shirt!) and Busch Gardens and Howl-o-scream on the 26th. I can't imagine needing 3 nights to see 5 mazes at HHN. I've only been to HHN in California, and I saw all 5 mazes there in about 2 hours (get there when they open is the best advice, I think).

Good luck!

I was thinking three nights was too much. I bought the tix a while ago and the rep at US said most nights close to Halloween sell out. I panic easily so I purchased for three nights instead of the two I wanted, just in case. I am looking forward to experiencing not only HHN but US during the evening hours.

Thanks for the info about Skull Kingdom. I am not sure I'll go but at least I wil consider it now. I have never experienced anything like these haunted mazes/houses, at least not since I was a child.

I will look for you and your Knotts shirt on 10/26. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing but I'll probably be eating something.

Thanks again,

jb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter