Advice for Magical Express

HeartofMagic83

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys! I will be flying to Disney at the beginning of September and already have set up Magical Express to transport me to the All Star Movie Resort, from there I plan on Visiting the Animal Kingdom. My flight is set to arrive at 1:30pm. I booked my first Fastpass for 4:20.

My question is, what has your experience been with Magical Express? How long will I have to wait for them to transport me to the resort? I am hoping to be at the park no later than 4pm. That is if my flight arrives on time of course. Is this a realistic expectation? May help to mention that this is a solo trip!

Typical time from getting off the plane to getting off DME at your resort is 70-90 minutes.

It's generally about 90 minutes between stepping off the plane and arriving at your resort. It's possible that you can be at AK by 4:00, but 4:30 is probably more likely

Thank you guys for responding! Do you think that I would be better off to take an Uber? Just super excited to be there and would like to kick things off the earliest that I can!

Thank you guys for responding! Do you think that I would be better off to take an Uber? Just super excited to be there and would like to kick things off the earliest that I can!
If you take an Uber, you'll have to pick up your own luggage, which will add time. An Uber will probably save you 15 minutes or less. Whether that's worth the cost is a personal decision.

Thank you for responding. I should have mentioned that I am only carrying a personal item on the flight, so I will not have to pick up any luggage. I'm even considering a car rental. It's rather inexpensive and I like the fact that I will have my own transportation. Gosh, can't believe I'm this indecisive.

The ride from the airport to your resort is approximately 40 minutes. I find the time consuming part if getting off the plane and then making my way through the airport. You have to stop to get the tram from the gates to the main terminal area ( and I must have the worst luck because in all my years I have never walked right onto a tram ). Then it's walking across the terminal to get to the escalators to get down to the ME area. Once you get in line, it's typically not that long of a wait ( twice I walked right on and we left a few minutes later and the other times we waited about 10 minutes to load and then another 5-10 before we left ).

I was an avid Type A'er and would always rent my own car. Now that I've discovered the ME, I'd be hard pressed to get a car again. I drive ALOT in my real life so having someone else do the driving for me is an awesome break.

The ride from the airport to your resort is approximately 40 minutes. I find the time consuming part if getting off the plane and then making my way through the airport. You have to stop to get the tram from the gates to the main terminal area ( and I must have the worst luck because in all my years I have never walked right onto a tram ). Then it's walking across the terminal to get to the escalators to get down to the ME area. Once you get in line, it's typically not that long of a wait ( twice I walked right on and we left a few minutes later and the other times we waited about 10 minutes to load and then another 5-10 before we left ).

I was an avid Type A'er and would always rent my own car. Now that I've discovered the ME, I'd be hard pressed to get a car again. I drive ALOT in my real life so having someone else do the driving for me is an awesome break.

Oh My Goodness! Thank you so much for such a detailed response! I am also a type A as well. This has really helped me in making my final decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter