Advice for new cast member h/h QrS at Epcot festivals?

heatherbabydoll1

WDWWoman2012
I am a past cast member but never worked in Epcot or QS. My 20 son accepted this week a full time job at Epcot for h/h Qs I guess working the festivals.. So I told him I think that is like the food and wine booths. What can anyone share about that job? How is the training after traditions? What does the hours look like? Is there mandatory over time? Or opportunities of over time? What is the good the bad and ugly about the position? Any advice? He did not interview for this position but it is where he landed. He is excited about working as a Cast member but nervous too. He is not in the college program but is enrolled in the EMT/fire program at Seminole State but has to wait till june or aug for his next classes. How flexible is schedules after 6 months? Thanks for any info willing to share.

There is never mandatory over time but full timers have it better. But given it is by seniority, the "bids" for hours means will have the lowest seniority. He will be required to work full time hours, over time is usually given to CPs or cast members who cost less. There is a reason why CPs tend to work 70 + hours, I don't know about opportunities to work over time. I would just keep in mind that he is guaranteed x hours already. Disney likes to schedule CPs for over time as they cost less than full timers for OT.

Thanks for the input. I used to work for DCL and DRC and there was mandatory overtime. That was why I thought there might. Wasn't sure if there was bids or not so thank you for that information. He will be going back to school summer/fall so hopefully that will give him a chance to bid for a schedule he can do and still go to school. Anyone know details about the actual job for Host for Epcot festivals do? Is there a lot of food running or working the booths or a little of everything?

I am a past cast member but never worked in Epcot or QS. My 20 son accepted this week a full time job at Epcot for h/h Qs I guess working the festivals.. So I told him I think that is like the food and wine booths. What can anyone share about that job? How is the training after traditions? What does the hours look like? Is there mandatory over time? Or opportunities of over time? What is the good the bad and ugly about the position? Any advice? He did not interview for this position but it is where he landed. He is excited about working as a Cast member but nervous too. He is not in the college program but is enrolled in the EMT/fire program at Seminole State but has to wait till june or aug for his next classes. How flexible is schedules after 6 months? Thanks for any info willing to share.

H/H means Host/Hostess and they use these terms in many jobs, not just dining.
Q/S means Quick Service so it could be in permanent restaurant, food kiosks or festival booths.

Unless he was specifically told he would work festival booths ... he could be working at one of the permanent food locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!