Advice for novice needed

cbrfan

DIS Veteran
We'll be visiting WDW 11/27-12/2 with my SIL. She was diagnosed with MS less than a year ago. Her disease has primarily affected her vision and heat tolerance. I'd like to make her trip as comfortable and pleasant as I possibly can. I would really appreciate any tips and advice you can give me.

Welcome to our board! Start by clicking on the link in my signature - look at the sections on pacing, and on the GAC.

And here is a thread that might be very helpful to you: MS Thread from August

I will be there at the same time you will -- I hope you have a great trip! That is a good time to go.

You picked a good time of year to go. It should be cooler and the crowds lighter. My only advice take it slow, there is so much to see it really can be overwhelming. My DH and I like to see a little bit well then try to squeeze in to much. Also We enjoy having meals at the resorts they can much quieter especially the ones that are not a charector meal. But you must do a few charector meals they are fun. go to those on off times they can sometimes be empty. Good luck and have a ball.

Thanks to both of you for your help. That August thread was very helpful. I want my SIL to have a great time. She was supposed to accompany us on our trip last year, but couldn't go because her first symptoms showed up a couple of weeks before we left (she went blind), then she got the MS diagnosis while we were at WDW. We're hoping this year will be better!

Welcome. At least you should not have to deal with hot weather at that time. My older DD and I were at WDW a few years ago over New Years. It was nice weather. Cool, but not really cold. And you will also have the decorations to see.
My hint for you is to save MK for when she is feeling her best. Most of the rides are very short, so there is a lot of getting in and out of rides. All that up and down is easier during times of higher energy.

Welcome!! I'm sorry that its taken me a few days to say hello....
I'm glad to meet you! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Wheelsie. I'm really finding these boards helpful in our trip planning. I'm finding great tips for my SIL and also for myself (lupus). I'm sure all the help from you nice DIS'ers will make our trip so much easier!

If you have any more questions feel free t either post them ( you'll get tons of responses as you know LOL) or PM me or Sue...or email either of us.....if we can't (as a group) find you the information you want it doesn't exist LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter