• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice/help needed on special surprise for dd

theprincessofpink

Earning My Ears
hi everyone :)

im hoping for some advice from you.i'm travelling to dlrp on 28th june this year with my daughter,we'll be staying at the newport bay and she is so excited!!she's counting the sleeps down :lovestruc

anyway....i want to make this trip as special as possible for her,weve had a very difficult year.dd had to have heart surgery just before xmas and it was a total bolt out of the blue.....in hospital she kept talking about what an amazing time she had had in dlrp in the summer and wanted me to bring her princess costumes,photos and autographs books in for the nurses so i decided this year we would go back.

last year we stayed at newport bay and had the most amazing view from our room,when i booked the package over the phone with disney back in january i requested the same room this year does anyone know how likely we would be to get it again?should i phone the hotel directly and ask again?dd was in love with the fact she could get up, go on the balcony and see the top of the castle!!i wouldve loved to have gone to dlh but i just can't afford to :sad2:

dd is in love with rapunzel at the moment and we dont yet have a rapunzel costume....i know i can get one at the disney store here but has anyone been to the parks recently and noticed if they are selling them there and roughly how much they are?do they have a range of accessories,tiara,wand etc to match?i'm thinking they would be a bit more special than the ones here.she is desperate to meet rapunzel and would love to do so in costume,shes been growing her hair especially :lovestruc

finally if i contact the hotel before we arrive would they able to place something in the room for our arrival?say if i gave them my card details and ordered a cuddly toy or doll or even the above mentioned costume to be put in the room with some balloons and sweets does anyone know if that would be possible?we wont arrive till about 8 at night and by the time we get checked in etc the park will be closed so want her to have something special to arrive to to get the holiday off to a special start for her.

any advice or help on the above mentioned or any other ways that i could make it even more special for her would be greatly appreciated....apologies for the long post!!! :eek:

Firstly :hug: you've had a tough time of it. Your Dd sounds like a very brave little lady.

You can definately ring and request a surprise. The dresses are gorgeous and priced at €45.
Did you know you can get a special princess makeover in DLH? With full makes and hair and many other options. Can someone post a link please, im on my phone which wont copy/paste. You also get a professional photo session included

Did you know you can get a special princess makeover in DLH? With full makes and hair and many other options. Can someone post a link please, im on my phone which wont copy/paste. You also get a professional photo session included

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2712666

:wizard: A link

Can't help with any of the questions but sending a hug to your daughter and I hope you have a wonderful time at DLP:flower3:

Firstly well done to you and your DD for getting through the last months, i can't imagine how hard it must have been and hope she is recovering well :hug:

I have read before that people who have wanted a certain room have called the hotel 5 days before your arrival date as this is when the hotel gets the bookings and allocates the rooms, so maybe you could give them a call a few days before you arrive?

I know you can have have balloons put in the room (not sure about the cost....i would be interested in knowing if anyone knows though?), Dlp seem to go out of their way to make magic happen so i'm sure something could be arranged as far a plush or something goes :goodvibes

Sorry i haven't been a huge help!

I do hope you both have a truly magical time x much love x :lovestruc

Hi theprincessofpink,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :flower3:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I'd second the "Princess makeover" experience at the DLH - it looks amazing and if my DD were younger and into the traditional Princesses, I know this would have completely made her holiday, if not her decade :cloud9::cloud9:

thank you so much everyone for responding and for your kind words about dd.

you have reassured me somewhat on my options....i will def phone newport bay a few days before we go to reconfirm the room request, i know its a long shot but i would like to know i had done everything i could to get her that room again (it really was a lovely one, admirals floor 6th floor right at the end of the wing with the swimming pool in, dual aspect so one window overlooking the pool and the balcony overlooking the lake straight towards the parks :-D).does anyone know how i would go about getting the hotels direct number and if i'll have to brush up on my french (im hoping not or ill end up asking fo entirely the wrong thing lol )?

also in terms of the rapunzel dresses on sale in the resort does anyone know if there's anyway i could find an image of them somewhere to see them before i buy one to be put in the room (if they'll let me do that of course lol)

anyway.....all your responses are gratefully received,planning this trip has really given both of us something to look forward to and is definently keeping me occupied :laughing:

Just wanted to send a big :hug: to you & your DD! I'm sure you will have a magical trip! :wizard:

We get back a couple of weeks before you go and I would be happy to take photos of the Rapunzel merchandise for you. My DD is hoping for one for her birthday this year, and there is a fabulous one I've seen on ebay from the US but it's a lot of money so I'm hoping there will be a similar one in DLP! :goodvibes

Happy planning!

sorry if it sounds like I'm intruding on the post but Mum To Belle, do you think it may also be possible to find out how much it is to have balloons delivered to your room?

mum to belle that would be amazing if you would do that for me.....i would be so grateful :cloud9:

if youre looking for one as i am im sure you know what i mean about not wanting to buy it without seeing it first.....all the ones i have seen here just dont seem right to be honest,they either look really cheap or just dont have the little touches that the dress in the film does.i think i know the american one you mean is it the us disney store version with the actual lace up detail on the corset and the pictures in glitter round the bottom?its gorgeous!!!!

tinkerbell 1991 i am more than happy to find out the cost for balloons into the room and let you know when i contact the hotel but that wont be till mid june i dont know if that would be too late for you?i'm hoping to get a helium one placed in the room for us arriving dont know if that was the same thing you were after?

does anyone think i should make the hotel aware of the reasons behind me doing this?

again thanks for the responses-have only just joined the boards but theyre great :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if and how you can get something in your room for a surprise? would like to have something on the bed for my mum and my little one

Thank you! That would be great.
I never thought of a helium balloon so that may be better than the group of latex balloons i've seen pictures of.
No don't worry, were going next June haha, I just like to be organised. :banana:

dd really wanted a helium balloon last year but we were only there for three days and obv wouldnt have been able to take it back on the plane so i thought if it was in the room on arrival then ill get the maximum time out of it....were doing 7 days this year.....and she wont be as heartbroken about leaving it behind maybe :rolleyes1

you can contact Disney by email and ask for prices etc for specific items you would like placed in your room (doesn't hurt to tell them why you want it ie if its for a special occasion etc) - this is one of DLPs emails for Guest Care services -
DLP.UK.ADMIN@disney.com

Helium balloons can be taken on flights as long as they are fully deflated, so you could do that and bring it home, then take it to a card shop etc here and get it re-inflated.

mum to belle that would be amazing if you would do that for me.....i would be so grateful :cloud9:

if youre looking for one as i am im sure you know what i mean about not wanting to buy it without seeing it first.....all the ones i have seen here just dont seem right to be honest,they either look really cheap or just dont have the little touches that the dress in the film does.i think i know the american one you mean is it the us disney store version with the actual lace up detail on the corset and the pictures in glitter round the bottom?its gorgeous!!!!

YES That's the one!!!! princess: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter