Advice Needed for DLP !!!!

rambo

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys

I am contacting you for some advice on Disneyland Paris, I am due to go there with my partner in October staying at the Hotel New York._

I am after some more insider info please._ It is my partners birthday when we are over in Paris and I am also planning to get engaged, so what I would like to know from your expertise is...

1.) Are there any romantic locations in the Park or the hotel for a possible engagement setting?

2.) Do you know if the hotel will deliver flowers to your room if requested, and provide a room with a memorable view if requested ?

3.)What is the most romantic restaurant in Disney LP ? I have heard that it is the California Grill & Seqioua Lodge ? As it is her birthday do you know if they would bring out a cake ??

4.) We are planning to spend one of the days visiting Paris, what are the must see attractions in one day? i.e.Sacré Coeur, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and where are the main shops located ?

5.) It will be our first time visiting Paris what is the best way to get there from DLP by Train ?? and how much does this cost ?

6.) On the other nights at the park what other restaurants are worth visiting - Planet Hollywood, Steakhouse, Rainforest Cafe or even the Parkside Diner or Manhatten Restaurant ? and how about the buffet restaurants such as Inventions what kind of food do they have on the menu ? chips, chicken, nachos etc...

7.) Finally do you know how much it costs from CDG to DLP on the Disney Coaches, and where are they located at CDG and how frequent do they run ?

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on the engagement plans! Myself and my girlfriend just came back from DLP last Thursday. We didn't get engaged this time, but when the time is right, it will deifinitely be the venue for the big question!

1.) Are there any romantic locations in the Park or the hotel for a possible engagement setting?

I think the best answer to this is... Is there anywhere in the park that's not a romantic setting?! I can guarantee you that there will be at least one place in one of the parks (probably the Disneyland park) that will be special to you both. I would say play it by ear, and when you find the place, you will know!

2.) Do you know if the hotel will deliver flowers to your room if requested, and provide a room with a memorable view if requested ?

I haven't stayed in the New York, but as far as I know the Guest Services desk in your hotel will be able to organise this without any problems.

3.)What is the most romantic restaurant in Disney LP ? I have heard that it is the California Grill & Seqioua Lodge ? As it is her birthday do you know if they would bring out a cake ??

I can highly recommend The Blue Lagoon in the Disneyland Park. We ate there on one of our nights and not only is the food amazing (mostly seafood), the setting is incredible, and very romantic. not too sure about the cake, but from experience, the Cast Members will do everything in their power to make things special for you if you ask!

4.) We are planning to spend one of the days visiting Paris, what are the must see attractions in one day? i.e.Sacré Coeur, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and where are the main shops located ?

We also spent one day in Paris. We just about managed to see the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre (You could spend a week just here!), The Arc de Triomphe, and took a walk up the Champs Elysees. One day really isn't enough to see Paris, so if that's all you have, you will not see everything, and what you do see will be a quick glance at best :) On the upside, the Metro is brilliant for getting from one place to the next, so you won't have to waste too much time walking!

5.) It will be our first time visiting Paris what is the best way to get there from DLP by Train ?? and how much does this cost ?

The RER (suburban rail) goes directly from the station beside the parks/disney village (where the hotel shuttle drops you) into the centre of Paris. It is very frequent and very reliable. It was €6 each way on the train, although a better option is the Paris Visite card which allows you to use all Paris public transport (including the RER) for a whole day. As far as I recall this was about €18. you can check all the details at : www.ratp.fr (there is an english version of this site, just click the link at the top of the page)

6.) On the other nights at the park what other restaurants are worth visiting - Planet Hollywood, Steakhouse, Rainforest Cafe or even the Parkside Diner or Manhatten Restaurant ? and how about the buffet restaurants such as Inventions what kind of food do they have on the menu ? chips, chicken, nachos etc...

We went to Planet Hollywood and Rainforest, and both were superb. I'm sure some other people will have more restaurant reccomendations, but these were the only two I visited (apart from the Blue Lagoon)

7.) Finally do you know how much it costs from CDG to DLP on the Disney Coaches, and where are they located at CDG and how frequent do they run ?

Sorry, I can't help with this one!

If you need any more info, let me know and I'll try to help as best I can!

Cheers,
Andrew.

If I had just one day, I'd see:

1. Notre Dame
2. Eiffel Tower
3. Sacre Coeur - this has a terrific view, but skip if it is a cloudy/foggy day
4. Boat Ride on the Siene

With limited time, I'd eat off the street - what could be better than fresh cooked chwramas (gyros) and hot crepes?

With only one day, I'd skip the Louvre - you'll feel too rushed and overwhelmed. If the weather is less than ideal and you'd like an indoor activity, I'd choose the Musee D'Orsay. The bulding itself is a knock out, and you can see most of the art in a few hours.

Also, the Rodin Museum is pretty romantic.

Andrew

I have been looking at your recommendation for the Paris Visite Pass - it is 16.75 euros. for zones 1-5.

But where can you purchase these tickets from - do they sell them at DLP ?

Because from their site it says that the do not sell the ticket at Marne-la-Vallée–Chessy' ??

Have you used the Paris Visite pass before ? and is it easy to find your way around the sights of paris i.e. eiffel tower, sacre couer etc using the metro, buses etc

I can only answer the last question: The Paris metro is a breeze. I couldn't get myself across my own city using public transportation but Paris is very easy and I don't even speak French!

I'll second the Blue Lagoon as most romantic place to eat, and mention the Parkside Diner as perfectly good for a nice meal for non romantic occasions!! The Hunters Grill as Sequioa is also very nice if you like your meat.

The shuttle to DLP from CDG is 14 euros per person each way and they depart from outside each of the Terminals. From Terminal 1 it leaves from Gate 30 on the Departures level. Not sure about Terminal 2, and Terminal 3 is so small I think it will be fairly easy to find the bus stop once you step outside. Others prefer the TGV because it's quicker, but I think the shuttle bus is the easiest way to get to DLP from the airport.

Have a wonderful time

As for the day trip to Paris, I was only reading in Simon's book 2 days ago about the Cityrama coach tours which leave DLP at 10am and return at 6pm and cover seeing (stopping where indicated) a large part of the attractions of Paris including:

La Bastille
Le Marais
Ile de City
Quartier Latin
Palaid du Luxembourg
Rue Bonaparte
Pont Neuf
Louvre
Notre Dame (90 minute stop)
Musee d'Orsay
Palace de la Concorde
Champs Elysees
Palace Charles de Gaulle
Arc de Triumphe
Avenue Kleber
Place du Trocadero at du 11 Novembre
Hotel des Invalides
Bateaux Parisiens (now transferred to boat trip)
Eiffel Tower (including climb to first level, extra levels are extra)
Back to Disney!

Sounds like a fun day out and we'll be going on this tour when we go to DLRP in December.

As for the romantic dinner setting, I'll back up the Blue Lagoon - we can't wait to dine there again - gorgeous. Then straight onto the Pirates of the Caribbean of course!

Rambo, are you from America? Because if you are and you are planning on eating at places like Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood, you are wasting your time. I also think you're wasting your time if you're only spending one day in the city and more than one day in DLP. I had 3 days at DLP and about 7 in Paris. I am very slow when exploring my parks, not leaving my hotel until ~11am, stopping to explore nooks and crannies, visiting my hotel room at least twice a day, etc (I took over 300 photos at DLP), and I was getting a little anxious to leave halfway through the third day. On the other hand, you could never even get to know Paris within a month, obviously. And I can tell you those whirlwind tours are annoying, IMO. I only had 2 days in London, and I feel like I haven't even been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter