Advice needed for January 2023 WDW stay!

Pommau

Orange Bird's 1# Fan
Hi everyone!

I haven't been to WDW since 2014 but I was invited by my boyfriend's family on a trip in January 2023. I have been scouting out room rates, but I am extremely shocked to see little to no availability for our dates. For background there are five of us, we are staying for 4 nights 01/11/2023 to 01/15/2023, and plan to be in the parks 01/12-01/14. They typically stay at BC/YC but I noticed very little availability at YC and BC is extremely expensive. We have for now booked a one-bedroom villa at AKL just so we can start the process. This is a backup for now, as we originally intended to rent two rooms/ two-bedroom villa.

Now, what I would love to find out is, will there be more rooms opening between now and January, will there be a possibility of discounts for our dates popping up, should we consider keeping the reservation at AKL, or should we consider maybe a different deluxe resort if they come available? They specifically are hoping to get better rates at BC or YC. I was curious to see if instead of staying at AKL or BC/YC it might be better to get two rooms at WL. That’s where my family always stayed years ago. Would saving time on travel to the parks at WL vs AKL be a better investment if BC/YC either are unavailable? Or should we hold out for BC/YC? Thanks in advanced! :figment:

Edit: accidently posted this twice it seems, apologies brand new to DISboards!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter