Advice needed - traveling to WDW with my severely mentally disabled brother

IMG_2709.JPG
I can't believe that it is over but we did it! Here's my brother, Mark, with Chewbacca. The day before Mark met Chewbacca, he had several seizures and it was a bad day (to say the least.) So on this day as we waited for Star Wars Launch Bay, I thought he would completely melt (along with the rest of us.) Minutes later when we met Chewbacca, we were enthralled with his reaction and genuine smile. He thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day and that smile will stick with me. Remember that on your worst day, it probably is nothing compared to this man's. And yet his day could turn around like this. I'm so amazed by my brother and think about him every time I feel down, sick, or just mad at others. This guy experiences much worse; worse than we could even imagine. Yet here he is, so excited and so happy to pick out a Star Wars mug for his roommate back home...And all of us made it through - and Mark made it through HAPPILY!

View attachment 201933
I can't believe that it is over but we did it! Here's my brother, Mark, with Chewbacca. The day before Mark met Chewbacca, he had several seizures and it was a bad day (to say the least.) So on this day as we waited for Star Wars Launch Bay, I thought he would completely melt (along with the rest of us.) Minutes later when we met Chewbacca, we were enthralled with his reaction and genuine smile. He thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day and that smile will stick with me. Remember that on your worst day, it probably is nothing compared to this man's. And yet his day could turn around like this. I'm so amazed by my brother and think about him every time I feel down, sick, or just mad at others. This guy experiences much worse; worse than we could even imagine. Yet here he is, so excited and so happy to pick out a Star Wars mug for his roommate back home...And all of us made it through - and Mark made it through HAPPILY!

Thank you for the amazing update! Glad to hear after a rough day Mark's trip turned around. The photo is just amazing. Look at that smile. Thank you for being such a loving sister too.

I can't even tell you how genuine that smile of his is in that photo. He usually 'forces' a smile. He's happy, but smiles when we say it. THIS is a genuine smile, NO ONE had to say a word. And Chewbacca was wonderful! Mark tried to squeeze his hand real hard like a superhero and we all said he shouldn't but you know what? Chewbacca STILL shook his hand again when Mark left - knowing that Mark would squeeze as hard as he could. I cried, my mom cried, we all cried - tears of joy! And Mark has the pictures framed in his room and his Star Wars shirts must be meticulously cleaned and put on display. It's so great to see him retain some memories - and joyful ones at that!

I just love that smile! :) I'm so glad you all have that picture; You can see the joy in his face!

Chewy is one of my all time fave meet and greets too! :)

Would love to hear more about your trip, once you have a chance to take a minute and recover! :)

I am so glad this worked out for you. I agree, when you get the chance, give us some more details on how the trip went.

It's great to hear you all had such a good time!

View attachment 201933

I am so thrilled to hear you were able to make the trip with your brother. You are right. That photo says it all! What a wonderful experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter