Advice on French Hotels when Driving to DCR

spudwynk

Earning My Ears
We're driving to DLP over Easter and our plan is to stay on M2 Fri night, ferry 11am Sat and stay near DLP Sat night so we can make best use of our first day in the park on Sunday.

I saw one recommendation for a hotel near DLP - Citee Marne Le Vallee but they want 150 euros for a night and I want to go budget. We're 2 adults and 2 kids so can't squeeze into a single F1 room. Anyone else got any cheaper recommendations?

Also need a room between Lens and Calais for the way home as we're aiming for early ferry home and all day drive back to Newcastle. Campagnile says there are no rooms available anywhere. Any other recommendations for Calais for one night?

Once I've got this sorted I can sort the ferry out and then start getting excited about the hols.

Many thanks
Jo

Have a look on alpharooms, sunshine.co.uk, travelrepublic, and expedia. They all do hotels in Val d'Europe, as well as the associated hotels (Kyriad, Magic Circus, Dream Castle, and My Travel Explorers). All very close to the DLP parks, and lots of them come in at around £60 per night per room (and most cater easily for 4 people in a room). You might have to pay a little more if you're going at Easter though.

Just use Disneyland Paris as your hotel location, and see what comes up :).

Is it ridiculously expensive to stay in the DCR on the Saturday night? I only ask as it only takes 3hrs from Calais so you would be there by late afternoon.

We stayed at the Citee so can't help you with others - ours was only half that price though....it is probably that expensive as it is Easter weekend :(

Hiya just wanted to let you know that we drove down from Newcastle on the 15th nov. We stayed at ashford travelodge for £19 per room. It took us about six hours to get there. We got ferry through at 7.45 and were in disneyland paris by 1pm Paris time. If you got a ferry at 6am you could get to park at about 11.30. It normally takes us just under 3 hrs to get to the park from calais. I have also looked at staying in France the night before but to be honest with the free night deals and things with Disney it worked out just as cheap to add a day on. We didnt think paying for a night in a french hotel was worth it for the 2 extra hours we were getting in the park. We are from Cramlington by the way. Let me know how you get on.

Meant to also say that we left Disney at 9.30 to get to ferry at 13.45. We had a half an hour delay on ferry due to weather and got into Dover at 3pm our time. We got home at around 10.30, although we had a few stops and we hit the dartford crossing at 5pm ( traffic was horrendous). I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter