Advice on our trip plan..

haileymarie92

Mouseketeer
Planning our first WDW trip this September! We usually do AP to DL/DCA since we live in AZ, but this year decided to give WDW a try! Here's our current plan... wondering what you WDW experts think..

Day 1 - Fly, check in, and then MNSSHP that evening
Day 2 - Hollywood Studios
Day 3 - Animal Kingdom
Day 4 - Universal Studios
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom
Day 6 - Animal Kingdom
Day 7 - Epcot
Day 8 - Hollywood Studios
Day 9 - Fly home

We have a 6 day 1 park per day ticket. So basically we figured we'd do each park once and then repeat two of them. My wife wants two days at Animal Kingdom because she's a big animal fan. The other day I'm torn between MK and HS. We will have the Halloween party at MK, which is why I tentatively put the extra day at HS. Do you all think there is enough to do two days at HS?

Anything that is a "can't be missed" thing I should look for?

Thanks in advance!

Personally, I would be hesitant doing MNSSHP on arrival day. If your flight is delayed and you don’t make it to the party, you will have paid for tickets you can’t use. Not sure what time your flight is supposed to land but I would consider DHS that day and doing MNSSHP another night. DHS is a one day park IMHO. Buy park-to-park tix at US so you can ride Hogwarts!

I would do two days at MK HS is a half day park and with TSL it might be a full day park.

I also wouldn’t book a party on the day of arrival. I also agree with the extra day in MK, that’s what I would personally choose though!

There is not enough to do at HS for 2 days. I would personally do Epcot for 2 days, and Magic Kingdom for the party and one full day. And it is probably too late since it looks like you already bought your 6 day tickets, but . . . 7 days in a row of theme parks (Universal included) is a lot. I would probably have done 5 days at Disney and taken one rest day in the middle to just chill.

As others have said, I would not do the party on arrival night. I also agree with PP that you will probably want a rest day somewhere in the middle of the trip. My suggestion would be one day at each Disney park, MNSSHP for a second MK day, and the day at Universal. That will free up one day in the middle for a rest day. IMO one day is enough at both AK and DHS, but if you really want a second AK day you could do that a second day instead of the rest day, even if you just go for a few hours.

I'm going to disagree with the rest day crowd. If you move MNSSHP to the middle of your trip and don't do a park that day, then you essentially have a rest day already. I also would not do HS on arrival day. With all the rides in Toy Story Land being Tier 1 on the FP+ system, you need a rope drop morning to try to get them all done. If you make HS your last day, you maximize your chances of getting a decent time FP for one of the TSL rides which makes planning your day easier.

Thanks for all the advice :)

We have tickets to MNSSHP already to that's set. We should have enough time based on our flight and if it's delayed, it shouldn't cause too much issue. If it's delayed a huge amount of time, well we'd have to adjust things anyway.

I thought about a rest day, but we've never been to WDW and really want to get in as much as we can. We're not opposed to going back to the hotel early to rest though. So I think we'll be fine.

It sounds like instead of 2 days at HS, we should look at doing a second day at MK and could always only go half a day and rest the other half.

And yes, we are doing park to park at universal so we can do both HP areas...that's the main reason we're going to universal.

We stay 8-10 days and never have a rest day. We don't go commando each day and stay at WL so it is easy to go back to the resort for some down time. We also always take advantage of park hoppers to avoid the situation you find yourself in...trying to decide which park on which days.

I would not use 2 of my park days for HS. We often visit MK 6 or more times on an 8 day visit. That would be my choice for another day, then Epcot if you have already decided to do 2 days at AK.

Think seriously about adding hoppers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter