Advice on Sailing out of Galveston

undfan

Earning My Ears
Looking for advice for getting from Houston Hobby to Galveston - - - hotel in Galveston night before cruise - - and best way to get from hotel to Galveston cruise terminal - - - Sailing on Wonder in January - - - first time sailing out of Galveston

This is a helpful site - https://www.galveston.com/

We like the Harbor House because it’s really right next-door to the port. Some of the hotels in Galveston do offer a cruise shuttle. You’ll have to make your own arrangements getting from the airport to Galveston. You can book a car service and there are also some shared shuttles. Disney does not offer a transportation from Houston Hobby

we stayed at the Tremont house, and they provide a shuttle to the port. We took Uber from Houston Hobby. no problems.

Another vote for Harbor House. It’s close to some nice restaurants for dinner the night before, and is a very short walk to the port.

We rented a car in January 2016 for our cruise on the Wonder. We parked the rental at the port - it wasn’t expensive to park and we booked ahead of time. We stayed the night before the cruise in Galveston and it was really easy. Our cruise was so delayed because of fog that we didn’t get off the ship until 3 pm. We missed our flight home and ended up staying an extra two days. We were so glad that we had the rental right at the port. We drove to a Starbucks and started making the calls we needed because of missing our flight home to Calgary!

All good options. We sailed out of Galveston last year for the repositioning to San Juan. We stayed at a hotel outside of Houston the day before sailing and rented a car. We did Houston Space Center, which was awesome and got a good night's sleep.

Boarding day I dropped the family off at the port then took the car back to the SECOND closest drop off, as the one nearest the port has a $150 drop fee if you return your car there. I paid $16 for an Uber to take me to the port and done! I was back fast enough that the family hadn't even made it to the head of the check-in line yet.

Cheers!

Harbor House is a great place to stay. Its on the water right next to the port, you can watch the cruise ships come into port in the morning. When booking Harbor House, you need to book early because it is a popular place and fills up quickly.

Rented a car and stayed in a hotel near the port the night prior. Parked at the port for the duration of our cruise. Drove back to the airport after we disembarked. It was cheaper to rent a car for a week +1 for our family of four than it was to hire a shuttle. Our original plan was to keep our car at the hotel and take the shuttle to the port, but they filled up their schedule!! They failed to tell me we needed to out our name on a list and by the time we inquired, they were full! It all worked out ok. But, kind of a shame to rent a car and only drive it for about two hours!! This was before Uber and Lyft, they may be options now for transport from and to Hobby.

We sailed out of Galveston and found it very quick and easy. Flying into Houston and taking a car service to hotel and hotel had free shuttle to port in the morning. Had car service pick us up at terminal and back to airport- everything went extremely smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter