Advice on still digital cameras

SnowWhite09

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of deciding what camera to buy and have been tossing up between the Nikon P100 and the Canon SX1 Powershot. They seem to be somewhere in between your normal digital camera and a digital SLR. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these cameras?

We would also be open to hear about any other cameras that you have had good experiences with. The camera doesn't necessarily have to have the Full HD video recording.

There are so many to choose from it is just confusing really!

TIA :goodvibes

I have a Canon SX110 Powershot that I've had since before I bought my SLR and I love it. It's a great little camera.

I meant to add that just like barefootmomma, I use my Canon when I don't want to lug around my slr. It still gets a lot if use...especially if I want to take video. :)

I bought a Canon G11 in May. A bit bigger with a few more features than a point and shoot (RAW, programable, appeture and speed priority) but smaller and not a full dslr (no lenses to mess with). Just wish it had a polarizer adaptor or function.

It's a little bigger than the Nikon P6000. Loved shooting with that camera but I took back because they sold open box as new, and I found out it had only Nikon's version of RAW.

Point and shoot...dslr...the best camera is the one you reach for and don't mind lugging around. Most of all... the best camera is the one you happen to have at the time that captures your special memories.

We have owned an Olympus ultra-zoom and a Canon compact and I wasn't super impressed with either. Just bought a Panasonic Lumix Z6. It is pretty compact AND has 12x optical zoom. Lots of different modes as well as manual. Love it so far and can't wait to use it on our trip next month!

Thank you to everyone for your responses on this. I always take forever to make decisions about purchases like this one. Doesn't take me long to decide that we need to go to DL again though :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter