Advice on using scooter, stroller

ammag

DIS Veteran
So we will have a stroller for my son and our things, but my daughter will be 8.5 and walking. My husband will push stroller, I will be in scooter most of the days and I am seeing how this will be an issue for my daughter. Either with keeping an eye on her, trying to go at her lace, or her being mad she has no stroller or somehitng? Just wondering if anyone has advice. I am renting the scooter so I assume it's not a good idea to let her ride on it at all wiht me? Should I just be prepared to deal? She may not even care it might just be my anxiety at the wheel thing, what a crew we will be good thing we are super polite and careful of others space! When crowded I will have my husband go first, then me which was a tip I got for my mom last trip from this board, helped SO much to keep the crowds away form the scooter wheels.

If you are renting your ECV, it will be in the rental agreement that you cannot transport anyone. So no, it is not a good idea to let her ride with you. In fact, it can be very unsafe -- regardless of how careful either/both of you are.

Can you give her a "responsibility" of some kind? Maybe carrying the map and directing the group? Something that makes her feel special and grown-up. Take her mind off the stroller/riding bit. I honestly wouldn't say anything to her about not having wheels; Since dad is walking as well, she can walk with him.

Enjoy your vacation!

Love this reply :flower1:
If you are renting your ECV, it will be in the rental agreement that you cannot transport anyone. So no, it is not a good idea to let her ride with you. In fact, it can be very unsafe -- regardless of how careful either/both of you are.

Can you give her a "responsibility" of some kind? Maybe carrying the map and directing the group? Something that makes her feel special and grown-up. Take her mind off the stroller/riding bit. I honestly wouldn't say anything to her about not having wheels; Since dad is walking as well, she can walk with him.

Enjoy your vacation!

laneJudy's suggestions are great!! I also suggest before going on the trip maybe your daughter and hubby could start walking together to get their endurance up, that way she wouldn't think she needed a stroller at all.

At her age, she probably wouldn't WANT to be in a stroller. I'd just go at the pace that works best for all of you.

Ok great advice! Oh no she already told me she wants the stroller because it so much walking, she's a low energy type of kid,,,but she's not getting one, she's too big, I'd dint know that about the scooter thanks! We won't ride. I've only used my moms for half a day, I'd dint see her agreement and whatnot but it makes sense.

Well, if you change your mind and decide she SHOULD have a stroller available part-time, you could always rent a double and let her get in it when she's really tired. They also make boards that attach behind single strollers, so one child can ride standing up behind the seated child in front (and strollers that have that board built in). You'd have to do a little research about what euipment is appropriate for your child's weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter