Advice on what type, brand of snacks to take into the park to keep ridiculous pricing down

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Planning to take three small drawstrings bags into the park for me, my daughter and her friend to use. I am going to get three Brita water bottles, the most lightweight ones I can find, one for my daughter, her friend and one for me and my husband to share, to use for water and also put a bottle of coke in each one to pour over a free cup of ice in the parks during lunch time.

We are going to keep the purchases of fountain drinks at $3.99 to an extreme minimum, as with water too. I am not paying $3.50 for a bottle of water when I can get some free ice and/or free ice water in the parks. Thinking of actually placing a few snacks as well into the drawstring bags but not really sure on what to go with there. Any advice?

We bring stuff like trail mix, goldfish, pretzels. We write our kids names on sandwich bags and let them pick what they want to bring each day.

We bring stuff like trail mix, goldfish, pretzels. We write our kids names on sandwich bags and let them pick what they want to bring each day.
A good trail mix would work well I bet. Wouldn't want anything that can melt too much, even though I don't think the temps at the very beginning of April will be scorching or sorts. Might put some flavor packs for water as well. We have never really brought anything into the parks to eat or drink in all the years we having been going, and I could just budget more money I suppose, but I just don't want to.

I just realized this thread is in the wrong forum, I thought I put it in the Budget one. I apologize.

I can move it if you want, but we do love food talk

I have brought a gallon ziplock from home filled w trail mix
Honey nut Cheerios or Chex (any cereal will do)
Peanuts or any nuts
Raisins or craisins
M&ms
Shelled Seeds or shelled pistachios
Peanut butter filled pretzels

Really any blend you like

Just toss it all in the ziplock and shake it around

Bring either small reusable Rubbermaid style containers or baggies/snack ziplock

Great snack, can be healthy depending on your choices. Salty and sweet yum

If you want to avoid the coke bottle weight, bring a mio drink type mix. Can still get ice, use your Britain’s water and a few drops. Cheaper, tasty and so much lighter to carry.

Any kind or granola bar
Jerky if so inclined

Buy a popcorn bucket. Cheap refills. Make sure you get a refill as you leave the park, good snack for watching movies at the pool

We brought applesauce in the squeeze container. I felt like a kid eating it but it was good! Fruit leather also stays fairly well in heat. I second fishy crackers and nuts or nut mixes. Have a great trip!

Nuts, granola mixes, pretzels. I second the mio for drinks. Enjoy ur Savings!!!

The only problem with fishes, etc, is the crumbs. I'd pack them in a small container.

We brought applesauce in the squeeze container. I felt like a kid eating it but it was good! Fruit leather also stays fairly well in heat. I second fishy crackers and nuts or nut mixes. Have a great trip!
I pack these for my kids all the time...we also bring whole apples and baggies of grapes.

We like taking Uncrustable sandwiches with us. They can be frozen so they stay cold for a while and are great for a quick tummy filler!

granola bars
beef jerky
baggies of dry cereal
chips
applesauce pouches
pop tarts
snack cakes
peanut butter crackers
carrot sticks

We don't have kids, so our snacks might be a little different than what you would bring with kids. I usually bring 100-Cal packs of Almonds, individual bags of pretzels and the little Slim Jim sticks.

I'd add dried fruit (we get ours from Trader Joe's) to the lists from others above.

One key for us is to bring "splurge" breakfast items for rope drop, to eat while standing around waiting - we bring stuff like chocolate croissants from the grocery store, small cereal boxes, Odwalla drinks, etc. This occupies our boys and helps them start the day full and happy. Plus, if you bring heavy stuff but eat it pre-park opening, you've got less to carry when you actually go around the park.

We typically bring water, trail mix or nuts, granola/Luna/Lara bars, jerky, and similar snacks that don’t get crushed. We’ve tried things like fish crackers but it always ends up crumbs. I’ve also packed shelf stable lunches called GoPicnic but it looks like the company closed. :(

I would do granola bars, cheez-its (put in a lightweight plastic container so they don't get crushed) grapes, clementines, candy (not chocolate) since I usually need a bit of a sugar boost here and there in Disney!

We take gold fish that are split in snack size baggies, Snack size beef sticks and the snack size Pringles. We will also keep any fruit the kids don't eat at lunch for them to have later.

We don't even pack water to enter the parks as both water and ice are free at QS spots. Makes it easier to pass through the security lines with less to carry as well. In general, we only drink one sweetened drink per day and generally the kids opt for that at dinner time so I don't worry so much about the price. As for snacks on the road, lots of different types of nuts and dried fruit works for us. One of our first trips I brought homemade granola clusters and it was nice since I could control the amount of sugar. Now I just let the kiddos load up at the club lounge which provides bags + ties and offers low or no sugar content snacks as well as the other type.

My daughter never drinks water, only juice now, it was a lactose thing so dont ask....so i bought the stuff you pour into the water to make it taste like juice, propel or something similar. Im introducing it now, so its not a shock in 6 months when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter