Advice please, from experienced weekend-visitors!

Meg's Sister

Earning My Ears
We have always stayed at DLP during the week in order to avoid the crowds. This time, DS is at school so we are going from Saturday to Wednesday to avoid taking too much time off school.

Last time we went we travelled out on a Sunday and got to our hotel at about 3.00pm. We got into the Disneyland Park at tea time and it was overwhelmingly busy! We had a wander round Main St, ate some dinner and watched Fantillusion before heading back.

This time, we fly out early Saturday which means having all Saturday afternoon and all day on Sunday in a very busy park. As we have all of Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday to pack in as many rides as possible I am looking to fill the weekend time in the best way possible.

What advice does anyone have about enjoying the weekends in the parks without having to spend ages in queues for stuff?? DS is only 4 and a half so 30mins is about all he can go without losing it..... or needing to pee :thumbsup2

Much appreciated, Hannah x

Are you staying onsite? If so I would advise making great use of EMH as those 2 extra hours in the morning could mean a lot of Fantasyland rides for your son. The Park will be open until 10 on weekend nights, so if you can persuade your young man to have a midday break you could be having downtime when the Park is at its most frantic, ready for a nice late evening watching Fantillusion.
Other than that, I would advise using the weekend to soak up atmosphere (and there is plenty of that during Christmas season), maybe seeing Mickey's Winter Wonderland, looking round Belle's Christmas Village etc and doing most of the rides during the weekdays.
Seems you will be there the same weekend as me. :thumbsup2

when you get the rota program thing at the parks...use it for meet and greets...be first in the queue, know when things are happening.....:goodvibes

When I was planning for an early morning Sunday flight for next month, I had to think about those things too, as we just don't do queues (I waited 35 minutes at Main St station for the train around the park last trip, and nearly lost the will to live :rolleyes:).

I was intending doing the shows during the day (so probably a lot of time spent in the Studios, for Animagique, Cinemagique, Stitch Live, Moteurs if your little one is into that). Then in the park, Mickeys Winter Wonderland. I was also, for the first time, going to go to the Disneyland Hotel lobby at 4pm, to see the character show there.

Then we were planning to go for dinner somewhere in the Village (shouldn't be much of a problem getting a table as the parks are still both open), then a little window-shopping until around 6pm, when we'd head back into, hopefully, quieter parks, for some rides in Fantasyland, and Buzz, POTC, BTM etc. Staying in the park for the tree lighting ceremony, the Christmas version of
Mickeys Party time, the Snow White thing (whatever that is :rotfl:) and Fantillusion.

I agree with the downtime too though - if you've had an early start, your son might just be happy pootling around your room for a couple of hours in the afternoon, while you all have a breather.

Our last 3 trips have been weekend ones and you have no idea how much I am looking forward to our next one starting on a Sunday night.
As your arriving Saturday after the crowds have hit the park, I don't think planning is an option. Maybe just a wander around and as you're going to have to queue for everything, then I'd suggets queuing for shows, getting a good place for the parades etc. My children are older so we were able to make use of the evening opening and got far more done between 7.00 and 10.00 than we did in the day time in March and Fantasyland was extremely quiet after 8.30pm. Sunday evening was a lot quieter than Saturday and I put that down to locals leaving early for school/work on Monday.
I would make the most of EMH for Fantasyland rides, even if it means using half of your EMH to join the queue for IASW and for Buzz, you should be able to get at least 3 goes on Buzz into your EMH and thenperhaps head over to the Autopia queue and hopefully be near the front.
If you have any old tickets FP's take them, they appear to still be working in the new style machines.
Hope you have a great trip. :goodvibes

I would agree with everyone's tips - DLP can really be heaving on a weekend - but on a positive note it adds to the atmosphere and buzz....I would also say that trying to get on some rides when everyone else is watching ceremonies and parades on the Sat and Sun might work for you. You will get a better place to watch those on the quieter days you are there after the weekend. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter