• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice re. best tickets to buy wanted.

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
Hi
I have the following dilemma, and was hoping for some help re. the best tickets to buy (I know you would all appreciate a challenge this Sunday morning...and I keep looking at it over and over and can't get my head around the best deal!). This is the dilemma...

We plan to visit DLP again on 30th October - 3rd November 2006. Our annual passes expire on 28th October. Now we don't realistically plan to visit DLP again in the year following this as we will have a big trip to California (hopefully) in 2007.

I know it makes sense to buy at least one annual pass for all the discounts...but we can't get the fantasy pass due to the black out day on November 1st, so it would have to be a dream.

We will also be travelling with another family of 5. We will probably have to stay off site due to the room sizes. Now my questions are as follows.

1. If one person gets an annual pass, can they get the 20% discounts off 3 day passes for the remaining 8 persons.

2. Can an annual pass holder buy as many discounted halloween party tickets as they need in advance (even if their annual pass is due to expire before the party date)

Thanks.
Sarah

TotallyAngelic said:
1. If one person gets an annual pass, can they get the 20% discounts off 3 day passes for the remaining 8 persons.

I think you get 20% of a day ticket. The maximum number of tickets you can purchase each day is 4.

TotallyAngelic said:
2. Can an annual pass holder buy as many discounted halloween party tickets as they need in advance (even if their annual pass is due to expire before the party date)

Thanks.
Sarah
I think when you phone to book tickets at 50% discount they will presume that you will renew.

Thanks Reid.
So just to reiterate as yes, I am thick, the 20% is off the single day passes and not the three day hopper passes. Getting 3 individual day passes, even at a 20% discount will not be cheaper then a 3 day hopper in any case, so there is really no benefit to be had, apart from the 20% off meal voucher. I suppose we could all go in the Blue Lagoon as a group of 9 and use the 20% off voucher! is there a number limit on the group size for using a 20% or a 10% discount voucher. (help...I sound like a real cheapskate, I'm not really, I just like a bargain!) maybe it will be ultimately cheaper to stay on site and get incorporated tickets...if it weren't for the only 4 persons in a room dilemma!

Sarah, of course you're not thick!!! :goodvibes I agree with Reid, I'm looking at here

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/Guest-Info/Annual-Passports/Annual-Passport-Dream.asp

and if definitely only mentions 1 Day tickets, not 3 Day.

It says the restaurant discount is on the bill of the complete table, I personally don't think 9 is too large a party, I saw lots of families of more than 9 at Christmas where they pushed more than one table together to make one big one for them.

Hi Sarah

We are going at the start of October and are staying at the Explorers with another family of 3 and all plan buying annual passports.

I could buy some tickets for you if you like . I get 15% shareholders discount on normal prices and I could get you all 3 day passes using that and we could use our annual passes to buy halloween tickets if you like too.

If you can't work out a better deal send me a PM nearer the time and we can arrange this :hug: :hug:

disneyangel said:
If you can't work out a better deal send me a PM nearer the time and we can arrange this :hug: :hug:
Once again the Disney magic is spread on this board :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter