• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice requested on current offers

Disneyfoo

Mouseketeer
Hi all :goodvibes

Princesskins and I got married two weeks ago and since our first ever holiday together was DLP (and we go every year anyway :rolleyes1) we have decided to make this trip our honeymoon.

The advice we need is about the current 20% + HB offer, 4 nights in the DLH in December is £1547, which is more than we want to pay. We have the shareholders card so get a discount on the food anyway, and we usually only have three table service meals. We have stayed at the DLH three times and while we have been tempted to eat in Inventions or CG the food offerings, reviews and prices have put us off. We both love Walts and Chicago Steakhouse and would want to eat there again, so I really don't know if we will make the HB worth it.

I have read about other people booking other countries offerings and on the Nederlands site there is currently 40% off, with the current exchange rate we would be looking about £1220ish, saving over £300. We have discussed eating at Inventions, and I reckon we would spend about £200 on evening meals including shareholder discount, so basically we would be paying over £100 for the ease of booking via the UK site, or we have to make the HB vouchers work and eat at the premium restaurants.

So finally to the questions, does anyone have any thoughts on whether HB is really worth it?
Is it easy to book via another countries website?
Finally can anyone predict the future and say whether they think there will be a flash sale for this December? (I wish I had booked the two nights free at £1180 now!)

Thanks for any advice :)

Congratulations on your wedding! :love:

I've not booked through another country myself but people on here have and I understand it's very straightforward, especially if you book online.

If you were going to to eat in all premium restaurants (which is what I'd do!) then it would be worth using the UK offer for the free HB (I never think it's worth paying for meal vouchers as they're quite restrictive) but if you're not planning on doing that then it's better to go with the Netherlands offer and use your shareholders discount for meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter