Advice to a new member

E

eeyoresmom

:) Just bought in to dvdc and haven't stayed in any of the dvc properties.My family loves the atmosphere of POR.Do any of the dvc properties have a similar "feel" TIA

I think that is a question of personal preference - and - if you ask 5 different membes you will get 5 different responses.

We love OKW. Big rooms, low point requirements! Also, very serene - you are not in the middle of it! But, many do not like it because you are not in the middle of it and if you dont drive you are a slave to the Bus!

Others love SSR. Great pool area close to Dowtown Disney. Park at your door - and quiet! But, you may not like that!

Go to BCV! Things always happening, fall out of your bed and in to Epcot! The pool is an attraction in itself! But, I personally do not care for the "Hotel" feel!

How about BWV! I think BWV is very much like BCV - but - a little more gentile!

There is always VWL! Great setting, take a boat to the MK! But, the Bus service is not as good as other resorts.

There are 100 things to like and dis-like at each resort. And, I think it comes down to what you like and what your family wants!

:welcome: Super post bom noite! I think OKW reminds me the most of POR. Afterall it's just further along that Sassagoula River. Hope you enjoy many WDW discoveries among the DVC.

eeyoresmom said:
:) Just bought in to dvdc and haven't stayed in any of the dvc properties.My family loves the atmosphere of POR.Do any of the dvc properties have a similar "feel" TIA

We are POR lovers prior to be infected with DVCitis and we really love SSR! I would agree OKW is probably similar as well.

bom_noite said:
How about BWV! I think BWV is very much like BCV - but - a little more gentile!

Uh oh, does this mean my Jewish friends won't be welcome there? Sorry, I couldn't resist! ;)

Probably OKW or SSR, since they are on the same river that leads to DTD.

None of them have the same type of theme as POR though. Again, OKW is probably pretty close because it is tropical and lush, but in a different way than POR.

OKW but you have to stay at all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter