• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice welcome!

TCO

Disney Geek
Hi all, first time over to the Paris boards here

We are looking to book to go to DLP for 4 nights in September with our son who will be 1 and his first flight (nervous)

We are wanting to stay on site within walking distance to the parks and have a pool, so we thought Sequoia Lodge may be a winner.

I rang up Disney for a flight inclusive price and was quoted £1118 all in, I have priced it seperately and got:

Hotel £685 (plus quidco @ 3.5%)
Flights (Airfrance) £263 (plus 2.5% quidco)
Transfers with Vea £62
Total £1010 so £100 or so less plus about £30 cashback

I was wondering if I am missing anything out by booking seperately?

Our flight times would be 09:30 outbound and 13:10 return (we could return later but thought it best to fly back earlier so we can get him settled when we get home)

Bascially I am after any tips or advice on booking first and foremost, is there a cheaper way?

Thanks for any input its much appreicated

Welcome to the Paris boards! :hug:

I think as you're flying there isn't anything that you'll be missing out on by booking it separately!

I will always recommend the Sequoia Lodge, it's just a short walk to the parks and the rooms are spacious yet very cosy and 'homely'.

If there is anything else you need to know, ask away! We are a friendly bunch here who will be more than happy to help you in planning your magical trip! :goodvibes

Welcome to the Paris boards! :hug:

I think as you're flying there isn't anything that you'll be missing out on by booking it separately!

I will always recommend the Sequoia Lodge, it's just a short walk to the parks and the rooms are spacious yet very cosy and 'homely'.

If there is anything else you need to know, ask away! We are a friendly bunch here who will be more than happy to help you in planning your magical trip! :goodvibes

Thanks very much

To be honest we were only thinking of doing 3 nights but it's only £5 or so more to stay another night so we may as well get more comfortable flight times and relax a bit more.

I suppose there isn't many other ways to book than what i have looked at but I was just after any thoughts really.

If booking separately we want the easiest most comfortable way of getting to the hotel with a 1 year old, would vea be a good option?

If booking separately we want the easiest most comfortable way of getting to the hotel with a 1 year old, would vea be a good option?

I think VEA would definitely be the cheapest, but you may want to look into the private/shared shuttle services. I haven't used them, but a lot of others on the boards have and it definitely seems to get great reviews. May be a bit pricier though.

If it was me, I'd definitely go for the extra night. Then if you leave early on the last day you'll still get almost 4 full days in the parks!

That's almost exactly like our 4 night stay in October except we're flying with Easyjet from Glasgow. Our daughter will be 15 months by then and we're equally nervous and excited!

Sounds like you've got all the bases covered.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That's almost exactly like our 4 night stay in October except we're flying with Easyjet from Glasgow. Our daughter will be 15 months by then and we're equally nervous and excited!

Sounds like you've got all the bases covered.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I was looking at Easyjet from Liverpool but the flights home are a bit late

Our son was born in May so he'll be closer to 16 months so it should be fun

Sorry to be cheeky but was your hotel do,img out at a similar price for October?

Not sure if September is a good time to go even

I was looking at Easyjet from Liverpool but the flights home are a bit late

Our son was born in May so he'll be closer to 16 months so it should be fun

Sorry to be cheeky but was your hotel do,img out at a similar price for October?

Not sure if September is a good time to go even

Exact same price for Sequoia Lodge. :thumbsup2

Is the Cafe Mickey Breakfast worth doing? Is it a hot buffet or still continental?

I thought it may be a good chance for photos

Is the Cafe Mickey Breakfast worth doing? Is it a hot buffet or still continental?

I thought it may be a good chance for photos

It is a hot buffet (sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs & potatoes). I would definitely do it once (but not more than that as the chances are that you will see the same characters twice - see my trip report for more details on that!).

We saw Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale and Gepetto.

Eek all booked now, felt a little nervy doing it as we are saving up to move but all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

£685 for 4 nights at Sequioa Lodge plus we added breakfast at cafe mickeys

£263 for flights with air France - I know nothing about them do they may be awful but they were the best times and about the cheapest.

Congratulations on booking. :goodvibes I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thanks Arlo will only be 16 months so we can't do loads but will take him on its a small world etc

Another question

Is there a Christmas shop anywhere at DLP? We wanted to get our son a stocking embroidered

Hi Tom,

Just saw your thread. Was going to suggest booking through Top Cashback as the cashback rate on Disney is higher but I'm too late!!

We love the Cafe Mickey breakfast for quiet character interaction which is great for younger ones.

Sequoia Lodge is lovely and you can meet the characters there too! :thumbsup2

The Christmas Shop is as you walk through the castle on the right-hand side and it's one of my favourite shops!! :santa:

September is a perfect time for a first trip for your little one as the weather should be fairly good and the park pretty quiet. :goodvibes

I hope you have a great trip & happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter